Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #9
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Maybe people should start learning how to read defenses before looking off Safeties.

(not saying you can't personally)
hehe, I can open up so many more pass plays if I can somewhat dictate the direction of the safeties with my eye's/player.

If I have Randy Moss and look his way, That will make the safeties bite out of fear and open up my other WR for a good play. I want to victimize people who always pick to play me as a safety.
lint is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
MVP
 
nuckles2k2's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Maybe people should start learning how to read defenses before looking off Safeties.

(not saying you can't personally)
lol I do read defenses and that's why I can go 18/21 for 300 yards with Vince Young...which is a problem if we're talking sim. With the new QB accuracies and some mechanism that forces me to make my QB to look at his receiver instead of just pressing a button and having my QB make pinpoint passes to guy he can't possibly see...maybe I'll feel more of a difference between Peyton Manning and Kellen Clemens.
nuckles2k2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
With the new QB accuracies and some mechanism that forces me to make my QB to look at his receiver instead of just pressing a button and having my QB make pinpoint passes to guy he can't possibly see...maybe I'll feel more of a difference between Peyton Manning and Kellen Clemens.
agree 100%, we were promised that everything we see on Sundays, we'll see on madden. Well, in the NFL,the QB is the most important position; in madden QBs are interchangeable.
Tito78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Blog Entries: 2
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

I think in theory, the QB is looking at the primary receiver (orange route) first. I'm not sure how well it actually works, but I always set the primary route to my 2nd or 3rd option.

I like the basic concept behind the cone, but it did look too cartoony.
__________________
|
PS3 sim players add your PSN ID here

  • PSN ID: MaddenDew
jvaccaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I think in theory, the QB is looking at the primary receiver (orange route) first. I'm not sure how well it actually works, but I always set the primary route to my 2nd or 3rd option.

I like the basic concept behind the cone, but it did look too cartoony.
Yes, it is the basic concept behind the cone if you are going to stare at one receiver the whole time and then out of nowhere throw somewhere else. This however is not how football should work.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
MVP
 
nuckles2k2's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Yes, it is the basic concept behind the cone if you are going to stare at one receiver the whole time and then out of nowhere throw somewhere else. This however is not how football should work.
like this?

nuckles2k2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,879
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

Double tap is the best way to go.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 47,346
Blog Entries: 1
Re: With no cone, how do I look off safeties?

without the cone the only thing you can do is pump fake and try and get the safety to bite on a pass route. If they aren't going to implement the vision cone, maybe they can incorporate something else to give you the ability to look off safeties.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Top -