No 18 28.13%
It is, but it also isn't 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Do you think the Cone is sim?

I'll blow that gif up a little for those who don't believe the passing game needs to change in terms of QBs looking at their targets....

Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
^Your additions make it almost seem worth it. As long as there's an option to play either with or without it, I'll be fine.
Thats the Big statement you just made. Make it a option. That is all that has to be done.
EA did a great thing with the vision cone but with every feature some fine tuning is needed, and I feel what I mentioned before is all that needs to be fine tuned.

You know whats fun. In the 1st half you threw like 5 passes to a certain wr, and then your opponent focuses on him hard, then later on you look at him and he jumps hard there and you throw to someone else thats wide open cause your opponent left his assignment to jump on something else. Its a great feeling and takes playing QB at another level.

I do so many things with that cone.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 12

I don't see how this is not 'Sim'. I liked using it but just didn't like the cone on the field itself, cause I prefer to have my screen as clean as possible.

I still like the idea of hitting the bottom once to look at your receiver and hitting it a second time to throw it to him. It's not exactly the same but it emulates the effect to a certain extent and it would make use of PA without adding a visual to the field. Again this isn't for everyone but it's an idea floating out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

honestly? The QB on the field saw him? Do we see this on sundays?

I'm just looking for an explaination for this kind of stuff from the folks who say the passing game is fine without QB's having to see their targets....
Old 04-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
honestly? The QB on the field saw him? Do we see this on sundays?

I'm just looking for an explaination for this kind of stuff from the folks who say the passing game is fine without QB's having to see their targets....

Two things of notice.
1. The instant turn done by the QB from sprinting to hit the WR.
2. The fake out by VY to break the defenders ankles...
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
I don't see how this is not 'Sim'. I liked using it but just didn't like the cone on the field itself, cause I prefer to have my screen as clean as possible.

I still like the idea of hitting the bottom once to look at your receiver and hitting it a second time to throw it to him. It's not exactly the same but it emulates the effect to a certain extent and it would make use of PA without adding a visual to the field. Again this isn't for everyone but it's an idea floating out there.
The whole idea of hitting the button twice already exist. It was there when the vision cone was 1st introduce. Just for some reason everyone thought it was just the right analog stick was the only way to work it.

Also hitting the button twice does nothing negative to the play. It becomes so 2nd nature that the timing to execute it becomes very easy, and its never a problem.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

^Ya, I remember that double-tap thing. As I recall, though, you didn't double-tap the button, you held the right trigger (on 360, R2 on PS2) button and then tapped the receiver button...

Or maybe there was a compeletely different double-tap thing that I had absolutely no idea about. Ah well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The whole idea of hitting the button twice already exist. It was there when the vision cone was 1st introduce. Just for some reason everyone thought it was just the right analog stick was the only way to work it.

Also hitting the button twice does nothing negative to the play. It becomes so 2nd nature that the timing to execute it becomes very easy, and its never a problem.
So it was that then? I remembered there was a way to instantly look at a certain receiver, but couldn't remember how to actually go about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »