Home

Do you think the Cone is sim?

This is a discussion on Do you think the Cone is sim? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the cone sim?
Yes 36 56.25%
No 18 28.13%
It is, but it also isn't 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Icon5 Do you think the Cone is sim?

Do you think having the vision cone would add to the realism, or would it just make this game look even more cartoony?

I think it makes it more sim. I don't get why people keep saying it is unrealistic. They also use the stupid line, "I never see flashlights on a QB's helmet."

Its not a damn flashlight! It simulates what are the QB is looking at. It gives you the power to look off safeties and linebackers.

I don't see anything unrealistic about. They should tone it down, Payton Manning could see the enitre field, while a 2nd stringer could only see half a WR.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Do you think the Cone is sim?

I think it is one of the greatest additions to Madden when it was introduced in 2006 I believe.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't see anything unrealistic about. They should tone it down, Payton Manning could see the enitre field, while a 2nd stringer could only see half a WR.
That's why I said "It is, but then it isn't." I was hoping there would be an "It is, but I don't like it" option. Oh well.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I actually didn't really like it at first, not because it looked bad but because it was tough to use and you had to tell the QB to look even though you yourself just looked. After using it for 3 years though I have gotten used to the controls enough that I can really see the sim benefits of it. I do like the double button press idea that has been mentioned though. Seems a little more intuitive with the controls and still accomplishes the same thing.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I actually didn't really like it at first, not because it looked bad but because it was tough to use and you had to tell the QB to look even though you yourself just looked.
Exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I do know one thing....when QBs can look one way....and throw an accurate bullet pass in the complete opposite direction on the MONEY!!! Then I'd rather have "headlights" as some call it on the field to make the dude actually look where he's throwing first.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

The only Adjustment they have to make with the Vision cone is not add awareness to it. The cone should only lock at 1 receiver at a time, and not expand as large as half a football field, and continue it where dump passes don't require for the vision cone to be on the receiver.

I love the vision cone and want it back. Their are so many great things you can do with it.

I voted for "Yes"
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
Rookie

^Your additions make it almost seem worth it. As long as there's an option to play either with or without it, I'll be fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »