Home

Enlarged pulsating passing icons ?

This is a discussion on Enlarged pulsating passing icons ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Enlarged pulsating passing icons ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
IM cool with this idea, I would rather the cone cause it makes looking off defenders easier. I know the icons getting larger can do the same, but how large, or maybe the player can be highlighted. My problem with the icon getting bigger is that it can cause your view point on making a play on the ball a problem.

I also don't think awareness should be added into this feature. You press the button and he looks it should be the same with all, for someone to have his qb look slower cause his awareness is lower is going to cause huge problems for the community overall.

The player being highlighted might be the next best thing.
Visually, I'd prefer the cone as well, but a lot of people hate it so I don't see Ian putting in back in. Enlarging or simply having the icon throb serves the same purpose. I don't think it will cause problems for users trying to make a play on the ball, because the icons disappear once the ball is released.

It needs to be tied to awareness, because inexperienced or less intelligent QBs don't make their reads as quickly as intelligent or experienced QBs. It should be easier to look off receivers and get the ball to open receivers with elite QBs, than mediocore ones.

Last edited by Tito78; 04-04-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
how will this be handled? What will trigger the QB to look through his reads? There's definately no cone this year so surely it has to be buttons?

It can't happen automatically as then we'd be back in the same situation as before; throwing to recievers we weren't looking at.

So just how are we going to control a QB's progressions??
It's gotta be the double tap system where you tap the button to get the QB to look at the WR, and a second time to throw the ball.

That's the easiest, most intuitive way to go about it.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
It's gotta be the double tap system where you tap the button to get the QB to look at the WR, and a second time to throw the ball.

I completely agree Tito!! A QB should have to lock on a target before he can deliver the ball to him. This simple addition will add major 'Sim' value to Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Correct. Ian has also said in this PA blog..

"This is definitely pretty cool stuff…we can tune how fast the player switches between different targets, and then also how he behaves when he locks on and follows a target. You can already envision this being used by DB’s and WR’s when the ball is thrown, QB’s as they go through progressions, safeties as they drop in zone, and obviously many more cases."

So he has admitted it is going to be used for QB progressions, but the million dollar question we are all trying to answer is; how will this be handled? What will trigger the QB to look through his reads? There's definately no cone this year so surely it has to be buttons?

It can't happen automatically as then we'd be back in the same situation as before; throwing to recievers we weren't looking at.

So just how are we going to control a QB's progressions??
That was a good read right there. So Ian already mentioned QBs and their progressions in association with PA...so I think I'll back off of this argument now. I think they might have something up their sleeves, it's interesting how all of the devs avoided discussions about franchise and this (we already know franchise is getting an overhaul from the HC 09 team), so....

I hope Ian's mention of QBs and their progressions wasn't just fluff and they're actually doing something to allow the user to fully control his QB again in a realistic fashion. I'm really tired of being able to put up godly numbers with young, inexperienced, unproven QBs.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78

I think so yes. I just can't see any other way to do it.

But then how can you make elite QB's stand out in this awareness situation? Surely they can't make the poorer QB's look around slower?

All QB's look around at the same time, it's their decision making that separates the good from the bad as they read defensive assignments.

Can't wait for the next passing blog to explain how this aspect of PA is going to be implemented. Fascinating stuff.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That was a good read right there. So Ian already mentioned QBs and their progressions in association with PA...so I think I'll back off of this argument now. I think they might have something up their sleeves, it's interesting how all of the devs avoided discussions about franchise and this (we already know franchise is getting an overhaul from the HC 09 team), so....

I hope Ian's mention of QBs and their progressions wasn't just fluff and they're actually doing something to allow the user to fully control his QB again in a realistic fashion. I'm really tired of being able to put up godly numbers with young, inexperienced, unproven QBs.
He didn't just mention it Nuckles, he put up a video of it if you remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DBg...layer_embedded

It looked damn good too. But just how is it going to be implemented? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

But then how can you make elite QB's stand out in this awareness situation? Surely they can't make the poorer QB's look around slower?

All QB's look around at the same time, it's their decision making that separates the good from the bad as they read defensive assignments.

Can't wait for the next passing blog to explain how this aspect of PA is going to be implemented. Fascinating stuff.
I think the best way to differentiate the QB's would be animations. QB's could take longer to get the ball to the receivers, maybe have slower throwing animations(not slowed down animations, but just a different slower throwing animation). Poorer QB's could also take longer to turn and plant their feet to throw to different receivers.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:

Making the QBs with lower awareness rating look around slower is the only way to separate the elite from the non-elite. Think about, it you're playing with a young QB who doesn't find his receivers as quickly, it will be much more difficult for the user to look off defenders because he'll have less time to do so. This will lead to users staring down receivers more with the non-elite and less aware QBs, which happens in real life. It will also create more desperation, which will lead to poorer decisions. In real life, this is what young inexperienced QBs deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »