Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n
 
BigTigLSU's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Death Valley aka Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,506
Blog Entries: 2
Would you be willing to accept...

If Ian and co added a delay to represent the time it takes a QB to turn and throw to a WR that he has his back to.

So instead of a Cone or a Accuracy hit the lower the QB awareness or read coverage rating is the longer the delay for a QB to head track the WR and make the throw.... it can be represented by different animations depending on situation and rating example a small head turn then throw or in others a complete turn and foot plant and throw..

What do you think
__________________
RIP Drucilla S Thomas 1952-2008 "Love You Momma"
www.grownmansports.com
Facebook.com/grownmansports
BigTigLSU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laramie
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
If Ian and co added a delay to represent the time it takes a QB to turn and throw to a WR that he has his back to.

So instead of a Cone or a Accuracy hit the lower the QB awareness or read coverage rating is the longer the delay for a QB to head track the WR and make the throw.... it can be represented by different animations depending on situation and rating example a small head turn then throw or in others a complete turn and foot plant and throw..

What do you think
Interesting...I like the general idea. I might get annoyed though.

Ex: If i have roy williams as my primary receiver and then i see Witten have a step on the defender and throw to him the delay could end up causing a interception or incompletion.

I still support the double tap idea...Seeing my Qb turn his head to the receiver he is throwing to would be nice to see.
__________________
Fifa player
United Red Devils
CLEAR17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,879
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

I'm all for realism
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Sounds like everything I hate in APF 2K8... There is such a fine line between delay and planting a foot and all the other variables.

I would like to see the direction they take Madden 10 and then decide on stuff like this for Madden 11.
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Sounds like everything I hate in APF 2K8... There is such a fine line between delay and planting a foot and all the other variables.

I would like to see the direction they take Madden 10 and then decide on stuff like this for Madden 11.
+1

We don't want any rash decisions, do we...
__________________
Habs, Pats and Yanks for life
tonynyy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP
 
Tengo Juego's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Quote:
Sounds like everything I hate in APF 2K8... There is such a fine line between delay and planting a foot and all the other variables.

I would like to see the direction they take Madden 10 and then decide on stuff like this for Madden 11.
Complete opposite here. Thats REAL football. You're not going to see a QB running to his left and throwing to his right without stopping, setting his feet, turning his head and throwing. At least not accurately. Maybe not quite as slow and elongated as it is in All Pro. But definitely to the same effect.

I don't want to dive into what Madden it should be done for. That would be up to the developers to decide.

But yes. I would be more than willing to accept this idea.
__________________

Tengo Juego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Complete opposite here. Thats REAL football. You're not going to see a QB running to his left and throwing to his right without stopping, setting his feet, turning his head and throwing. At least not accurately. Maybe not quite as slow and elongated as it is in All Pro. But definitely to the same effect.

I don't want to dive into what Madden it should be done for. That would be up to the developers to decide.

But yes. I would be more than willing to accept this idea.
I just feel like the player momentum in 2K games is so realistic that it just doesn't feel good in a football game.

Have you ever tried to play defense in a 2K game? I like to think I am pretty decent at moving my characters in a game but in 2K8 I don't even try to play defense anymore (manually).
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
MVP
 
Tengo Juego's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Yeah offensively the momentum is great. But I will agree defensive momentum is VERY user unfriendly.
__________________

Tengo Juego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Top -