Home

Old 04-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Are we forgetting Play Creating?

Create a play for offline please. If i want to glitch the cpu, let me.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaIVIS
This is definitely needed in the game. I don't post very often but I am on this forum almost everyday.

Create-a-playbook needs to come back, I have waiting for this feature since the series moved over to next gen. It would completely change the game. In regular games and in franchise mode.

I hate having the ability to draft a guy like Percy Harvin, and then not be able to make customizable plays for his skill set as a hybrid WR/RB role. I want to be able to make plays that utilize his skill set.

It seems to me that EA has been ignoring his feature for a while.
Amen to that. Not to mention Saved Created Plays in Audibles too.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

The only thing that would be needed first is that all routes must have a counter option on D... In other words, could you imagine a 4 wide/spread option with nothing but curls or slants in online play... They're already nearly impossible to stop on this game. And you know that people are gonna make exploitive plays if they can add what ever routes they want in there... I mean there are routes which in real life are hard to stop, BUT, they aren't IMPOSSIBLE to stop... Until issues like this are addressed, the creat a play feature would ruin a lot of online play... That's just my 2 cents.

That being said if coverages are fixed 100%, which I think D match-ups should help with, I'd love for this to be in the game... I remember WAY back in the early 99/2K Madden, they had a creat a play funtion which actuely allowed you to make your own routes! You could make real slant and gos in any direction, you could add delays like you see the TEs and HBs do in preset plays... The world was your oyster as far as play creation was concerned and it was bliss! The only thing, and none of them have had this right, you couldn't FLIP the plays, and you could never put players in MOTION, which was always so stupid... I would think that it would be easy to have players move as they would in normal formations, reguardless of routes... Like moving a slot WR in a 3 WR pro formation from one side to the other... It's a normal formation, you can do this on regualr plays, but you can't if you have made a play where one of the WRs ran a custom route...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

I will say this I would gladly pay extra for a play editor. Make it a premium type of thing. Make an option to allow online players to be able to use them (both players have to agree).

That is what I am waiting for in a football game. Been waiting many years.....
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Overall, it should be available in at least offline gameplay if anything. That way it would be available in franchise.

Last edited by DreaIVIS; 04-05-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
That type of thing is really secondary to Franchise and Gameplay.

Both of those things are in Madden every year (supposedly).

Create a Play is an extra feature.

I would like to see it... after Franchise is fixed.
Say what?!?!

Speak for thy self. I converted to Madden in '99 BECAUSE OF THE PLAY EDITOR. Adembroski STAYED WITH MADDEN during the 2k5 and 2k8 challenges to Madden BECAUSE OF THE PLAY EDITOR. As did many others.

It is not an "extra feature" it is an integral part of strategic element of the game. The play editor is a must have item.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Apex believes so! In his newest video

Yes thats a good idea, also bring back customizing playbooks..Where we could actually create a true 5-2 defensive set etc...along with other formations. But I do agree the engine needs to be fixed first.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I thought the create a play on head coach just stunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »