Home

Are we forgetting Play Creating?

This is a discussion on Are we forgetting Play Creating? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 38
Are we forgetting Play Creating?

Apex believes so! In his newest video

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Are we forgetting Play Creating?

That type of thing is really secondary to Franchise and Gameplay.

Both of those things are in Madden every year (supposedly).

Create a Play is an extra feature.

I would like to see it... after Franchise is fixed.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

You could also use the create-a-play option in NFL Head Coach 09.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
That type of thing is really secondary to Franchise and Gameplay.

Both of those things are in Madden every year (supposedly).

Create a Play is an extra feature.

I would like to see it... after Franchise is fixed.

agreed.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I dont understand the big deal with this whole create a play situation. I do understand that it means something to many people, so if its added, thats good for you but....What plays do you actually want that aint already in the damn game, lol!

I mean recievers can only do so many things, same with running backs, and from what I see, its all represented in the game already. What else can they do but posts, flags, ins, outs, curls, and streaks?

Now that I think about it. Are you just talking about how those routes are combined within a certain play? Even then, I think its represented well in game as is. I'll go and take a look at some real NFL plays so I can see if I can feel you guys on this topic. Right now, I cant feel you on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I dont understand the big deal with this whole create a play situation. I do understand that it means something to many people, so if its added, thats good for you but....What plays do you actually want that aint already in the damn game, lol!

I mean recievers can only do so many things, same with running backs, and from what I see, its all represented in the game already. What else can they do but posts, flags, ins, outs, curls, and streaks?

Now that I think about it. Are you just talking about how those routes are combined within a certain play? Even then, I think its represented well in game as is. I'll go and take a look at some real NFL plays so I can see if I can feel you guys on this topic. Right now, I cant feel you on this one.
1) It's a customization option, I want as many customization options as possible.

2) I want to draw up my own playbook and use that rather than being stuck with one of the ~40 that are included with the game on either side of the ball, the vast majority of which contain commonly-shared plays. In particular, I've always found the defensive playbooks in Madden to be rather uninspired.

3) If nothing else, it saves time that I would otherwise use hot-routing a different pre-built play to hell and back before I actually run it.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is definitely needed in the game. I don't post very often but I am on this forum almost everyday.

Create-a-playbook needs to come back, I have been waiting for this feature since the series moved over to next gen. It would completely change the game. In regular games and in franchise mode.

I hate having the ability to draft a guy like Percy Harvin, and then not be able to make customizable plays for his skill set as a hybrid WR/RB role. I want to be able to make plays that utilize his skill set.

It seems to me that EA has been ignoring his feature for a while.

Last edited by DreaIVIS; 04-05-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

I make a post every year about this.

Ian had a little discussion before about whether we would want the head Coach one or perhaps a website that we could create plays and load into the game which would have been more complex.

This would be great if they could implement this for Madden and NCAA. Good playbooks help correct much of the AI problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »