Home

Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Clutch rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
manning is 9 games back of elway in 4th quarter comebacks. so i would say he is pretty clutch but thats just IMO.
brady is definately the most clutch guy in the nfl, i think not many can disagree.
Of course, only a fool would dispute Brady's ability in money time. Manning is many things.... clutch isn't one of them.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Top Clutch Ratings -

Ben Roethlisberger
Troy Polamalu
Ed Reed
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Smith
Adrian Peterson
Eli Manning (maybe)
seriously no tom brady dude is probably much clutch in the league in 4th quarter comebacks how does he not make that list?

Last edited by buddyhobbs321813; 04-05-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
seriously no tom brady dude is probably much clutch in the league he holds the record for most 4th quarter comebacks how does he not make that list?
Cuz I hate Tom Brady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Cuz I hate Tom Brady
lol. but he is still the most clutch in the league, love or hate him haha
Old 04-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
lol. but he is still the most clutch in the league, love or hate him haha
True dat... True dat...
Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

Peyton Manning is regular season clutch. IN crunch time in the regular season, he is easily the most clutch QB in the league. He has most 4th quarter comebacks among active QB and will soon have the most.

So in short. Regular Season clutch rating and Post season clutch rating?

And Tom Brady is no where near the most 4th quarter comebacks. That being said he is still clutch.

How do you measure clutch? What do you base it on? Regular Season Stats? Post Season Stats? What some dude thinks?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Clutch is way too vague and ambiguous for me to want as a rating in a game. Players can be come to known as "clutch" for single plays they made in single situations. It's very wishy-washy. Sure, some players handle pressure better, but who can really say with absolute certainty that player A performs better under pressure than player B. What about players who have never played under pressure? What about players who have shown to be both clutch and not clutch (John Elway anyone?). What about the fact that football is a team game and reputations of being clutch can be made entirely off being on a good team?

Far too abstract for me, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Clutch is way too vague and ambiguous for me to want as a rating in a game. Players can be come to known as "clutch" for single plays they made in single situations. It's very wishy-washy. Sure, some players handle pressure better, but who can really say with absolute certainty that player A performs better under pressure than player B. What about players who have never played under pressure? What about players who have shown to be both clutch and not clutch (John Elway anyone?). What about the fact that football is a team game and reputations of being clutch can be made entirely off being on a good team?

Far too abstract for me, in my opinion.
well its really what you see on sundays. all the time players having to come through in the clutch its actually a very important part of every game in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »