Home

Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Idea on new wepions icon for WRs

This is just a thought....dnt shoot it down just yet

I think that there should be new icons to indicate WRs that use their strength to get off the LOS instead of route running......EX: TO in his prime(not this past year he was down right terrible vs the bump) and Keyshawn Johnson ( I think I spelled his name wrong).....Johnson in particular just plain overpowered the CBs.....just think about it....And this will be based off of the STR rating.

I also think there should be a icon to show who are the best run blocking WRs....All I have to say is Hines Ward. This icon will show which side is the best to run to just like the icons on the OL...And this will be based on Run Blocking ratings.....Of course they will be on a diff scale for WRs. You just cant have a WR with 95 run block rating that would be insane....

What do you guys think about this?
Should this be considered for this madden or the next version?

I spelled weapons wrong...sry guys

Last edited by WFColonel56; 04-04-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Idea on new wepions icon for WRs

Wepions? And i believe Ian said weapons were going to be off by default

Last edited by Boucher; 04-04-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 23

There's still weapons but their just not default.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

Yep weapons are still there but that along with preplay commands are off by default now. (I think it was the preplay commands anyways. If not them along with something else.)

Remember that each weapon is supposedly suppose to have a counter to it so think of those to .
Old 04-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

WR Blocker Diffuser. - Excels at beating the blocks of WRs.

I guess it could be ok.

But Weapons are purely cosmetic anyway. They indicate when a player surpasses a certain thresholds. Unless these weapons unlock new abilities/animations, then it won't be that major.

Personally, I have weapons on all the time. I wouldn't mind running tosses to the side with the WR blocker, and NOT jamming a guy who has good Press Beat rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
Pro

my idea is that the run block WR weapon wont do anything..It it there just to show who the best blockers are at wr..But the SRT WR weapon should give strong wrs the ability to avoid jams like the route running one. but without them being good route runners....you know just by how STR they are.Thats what TO used to do. He used to bully weaker CBs at the line with his STR...Just a thought
Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

We could put a handgun under Plex... Or a splatter under... Too soon! Any how, the whole weapons things is and always has been a gimick. At least in my opinion, if the stats impacted the games as they should, you wouldn't need to see the icon or have any knowledge of the icons, you'd be able to see the difference in the level of that character's play... To an extent, this was already said... And I agree... To me, the weapons was a bad idea, that made a bad situation (lack of proper stat impact) looks less bad, while doing little to fix the problem...

Last edited by Swingking77; 04-05-2009 at 03:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »