Home

Old 04-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #89
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Franchise blog coming!!!

O,K I feel somewhat let down by this information. Now I was not expecting them to literally insert Head Coach into Madden. What I was hoping for was that they would port over the ideas of Head Coach to Madden. Meaning; Playbooks editor, play creator, the drafts, player potentials and philosophies. That is pretty much what I want, if none of this is in than I may not buy it. I cant stand the way "franchise mode" is right now, its so boring, there is nothing special behind it, no substance. Might as well pick "play now" and you will get the same experience. I will hold my better judgement until I hear what they have actually improved, if it has at all improved. 5 years and its the same old BS over and over again, for now I trust Ian, so they get the benefit of the doubt but they better have something.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
O,K I feel somewhat let down by this information. Now I was not expecting them to literally insert Head Coach into Madden. What I was hoping for was that they would port over the ideas of Head Coach to Madden. Meaning; Playbooks editor, play creator, the drafts, player potentials and philosophies. That is pretty much what I want, if none of this is in than I may not buy it. I cant stand the way "franchise mode" is right now, its so boring, there is nothing special behind it, no substance. Might as well pick "play now" and you will get the same experience. I will hold my better judgement until I hear what they have actually improved, if it has at all improved. 5 years and its the same old BS over and over again, for now I trust Ian, so they get the benefit of the doubt but they better have something.
I completely agree with what you are saying.
I just recently went 1 year without my XBOX-360 because they are mess up so much, I just recently purchased the Japser model and popped in Madden as soon as I got it, I couldn't wait to play a Franchise. Soon enough it got very boring, so I just started playing friends. Didn't make it past preseason game 4.

Never on the current gen I got bored, only the next gen
Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #91
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't expect for any of us to be able to make a decision based on the franchise information released today. I expect we'll here about fixes, draft logic, and other little nuggets of information. Nothing major I presume.
I would never make a decision about an August released game on April 6th because of a Blog entry. But this is a blog topic that I have waited for. I'm a franchise guy in Madden so this is what's important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Dude...that what you said would be major...its been busted for like 5 years!
Exactly my thoughts!

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm pretty sure Ian and co. know how big a deal franchise is for us. I have faith that they will make some solid improvements that will have us excited to play.

Honestly I think they need to make some solid franchise improvements before implementing online franchise mode.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #93
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

For me there has to be at LEAST a couple new elements to the mode. Simply having it be almost exactly the same but everything working right won't do it for me.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 24

Franchise mode is huge for me, I hope they at least say that franchise is getting an overhaul and show us a couple of the features. Even something as simple as HC's injury and fatigue system would be great.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 39

Tick Tock....looking at the clock..waiting..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Remember the franchise blog last year? Hopefully it doesn't end up like that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »