Home

Would you be willing to accept...

This is a discussion on Would you be willing to accept... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Would you be willing to accept...

If Ian and co added a delay to represent the time it takes a QB to turn and throw to a WR that he has his back to.

So instead of a Cone or a Accuracy hit the lower the QB awareness or read coverage rating is the longer the delay for a QB to head track the WR and make the throw.... it can be represented by different animations depending on situation and rating example a small head turn then throw or in others a complete turn and foot plant and throw..

What do you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Would you be willing to accept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
If Ian and co added a delay to represent the time it takes a QB to turn and throw to a WR that he has his back to.

So instead of a Cone or a Accuracy hit the lower the QB awareness or read coverage rating is the longer the delay for a QB to head track the WR and make the throw.... it can be represented by different animations depending on situation and rating example a small head turn then throw or in others a complete turn and foot plant and throw..

What do you think
Interesting...I like the general idea. I might get annoyed though.

Ex: If i have roy williams as my primary receiver and then i see Witten have a step on the defender and throw to him the delay could end up causing a interception or incompletion.

I still support the double tap idea...Seeing my Qb turn his head to the receiver he is throwing to would be nice to see.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm all for realism

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Sounds like everything I hate in APF 2K8... There is such a fine line between delay and planting a foot and all the other variables.

I would like to see the direction they take Madden 10 and then decide on stuff like this for Madden 11.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Sounds like everything I hate in APF 2K8... There is such a fine line between delay and planting a foot and all the other variables.

I would like to see the direction they take Madden 10 and then decide on stuff like this for Madden 11.
+1

We don't want any rash decisions, do we...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:

Complete opposite here. Thats REAL football. You're not going to see a QB running to his left and throwing to his right without stopping, setting his feet, turning his head and throwing. At least not accurately. Maybe not quite as slow and elongated as it is in All Pro. But definitely to the same effect.

I don't want to dive into what Madden it should be done for. That would be up to the developers to decide.

But yes. I would be more than willing to accept this idea.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Complete opposite here. Thats REAL football. You're not going to see a QB running to his left and throwing to his right without stopping, setting his feet, turning his head and throwing. At least not accurately. Maybe not quite as slow and elongated as it is in All Pro. But definitely to the same effect.

I don't want to dive into what Madden it should be done for. That would be up to the developers to decide.

But yes. I would be more than willing to accept this idea.
I just feel like the player momentum in 2K games is so realistic that it just doesn't feel good in a football game.

Have you ever tried to play defense in a 2K game? I like to think I am pretty decent at moving my characters in a game but in 2K8 I don't even try to play defense anymore (manually).
Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Yeah offensively the momentum is great. But I will agree defensive momentum is VERY user unfriendly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »