Home

Old 04-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
What if they motion capture players?

They do it in MLB games to get the players correct stance and stuff. If they did it in Madden, they could get QBs stances, how different receivers catch the ball, and how certain RBs juke and spin. What do you think?
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: What if they motion capture players?

They do motion capture players, just not NFL players. They could just emulate the different styles with the guys they've got.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

I dont know how plausible it is, but I always thought since EA has the Exclusive NFL license they should put the device they use to capture a player's face and when the Players take their picture for the team each year they could capture his face and head for Madden. I have no clue if that is even how they make player's faces by the way .
Old 04-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

They have had a hard enough time emulating OL/DL interactions.

I could care less how Martin Gramatica stands before he kicks a ball.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
They do it in MLB games to get the players correct stance and stuff. If they did it in Madden, they could get QBs stances, how different receivers catch the ball, and how certain RBs juke and spin. What do you think?
Love the idea, but we already had such a hard time in the past with just getting more then 5 catches, and two running styles, could you imagine at least 25 of each, plus signature stuff in there... I know, I know, some other games got it, but this is Madden... I'd love this, but not this year... Next maybe...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
They have had a hard enough time emulating OL/DL interactions.

I could care less how Martin Gramatica stands before he kicks a ball.
Your first sentence tells me you would like to have real players motion captured. If they had real NFL lineman doing some motion capture work it would look a lot more realistic. They have amatures trying to emulate how NFL players play and that is why what we see in the the game is unauthentic.

Why was their QB 5 step drop poor in the past? They never got a real NFL QB to do the animation for them.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Your first sentence tells me you would like to have real players motion captured. If they had real NFL lineman doing some motion capture work it would look a lot more realistic. They have amatures trying to emulate how NFL players play and that is why what we see in the the game is unauthentic.

Why was their QB 5 step drop poor in the past? They never got a real NFL QB to do the animation for them.
Actuely, if you watch the blog videos, they say a lot of stuff about speeding and slowing things down to make things "play" better... They went on to say that a running back's animation would perhaps run at 100%, the QB drop had to be sped up to 110% to sove problems with the pocket... etc, etc... The major problems were that they were putting roller gauze, on band aids on tiches, only to rip em off and start over the problem never really being fixed in the first place... The video blog goes on to say that they're redone a lot of things from the ground up... This may be the year folks.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Actuely, if you watch the blog videos, they say a lot of stuff about speeding and slowing things down to make things "play" better... They went on to say that a running back's animation would perhaps run at 100%, the QB drop had to be sped up to 110% to sove problems with the pocket... etc, etc... The major problems were that they were putting roller gauze, on band aids on tiches, only to rip em off and start over the problem never really being fixed in the first place... The video blog goes on to say that they're redone a lot of things from the ground up... This may be the year folks.
Co-sign. Also if EA got pro guys to come in and mo cap I think we'd be worse off. No pro athlete is gonna come in and go all out mo capping animations. Also I believe they could direct amateur athletes a little better.

I'm pretty sure 2k didn't have any pro guys come in and do all of their animations, but they are the best we've seen(besides the running,lol).

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »