Home

Totally random Madden NFL 10 screenshot

This is a discussion on Totally random Madden NFL 10 screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #185
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Totally random Madden NFL 10 screenshot

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the Bucs helmet color looks wrong again. Looks like the same as last year. Maybe it's just an early enough build that they haven't gotten to it yet. At least I hope that's the case.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-06-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #186
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
You're right..lets just take off the gloves whiles we're at it..remove the elbow pads, eye black...matter of fact..lets just go back to the box shoes and helmets...No need to update the game at all..why should we want the players to look like they do today? My god..i make myself sick.
For me it adds nothing to the game. All I ask for is ok gear as long as it is sort of close (everything else was ok outside of a few things) I am fine. I do not ask for perfection due to the fact that, as a developer you can only focus so much on so many different things. The last thing I would focus on in a development project is shoes and socks.

I can see their scrum now:

Manager: "So what did you work on yesterday"
Developer: "Socks"
Manager: "what will you be working on today"
Developer: "Socks"
Manager: "Do you have anything holding you up"
Developer: "looking at OS forums"

Boy when they release a video people wont care about the gameplay they are heading for "OMG did you see his shoe strings were the wrong color, this is a horrible game"

But to each his own.
Mine, just like yours, is an opinion and you are entitled to it.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #187
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ That's not a real issue because the people who work on gameplay don't deal with graphics and vice versa. Different groups within the teams deal with different things.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #188
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ That's not a real issue because the people who work on gameplay don't deal with graphics and vice versa. Different groups within the teams deal with different things.
Depends, if it is agile then someone who is a developer could be working on art or someone in art could be doing some development style work.

Honestly you are right, but with agile I have found myself being a tester and doing some UI (which I should stay far away from "its off a pixel.... what do you mean I cant see it")

some of our UI designers can also develop. Just saying it is a possibility with the cutbacks we have seen due to the recession.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #189
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I was playing a game today at home, and as I was zooming around in instant replay looking for bugs, I realized that I should be a good community-interaction-person and just take a screenshot and share it with you all. I first got approval from our art director Michael Young to post this as it isn't much to look at graphically - it's not even in HD (unheard of us to release standard def screenshots)! Also the materials are messed up, the lighting isn't tuned, etc...but being that this has nothing to do with graphical improvements, we figured we could share it.

The reason I wanted to post it is that I thought this one shot is a good example of how a lot of small improvements can really improve the realism (and feel) of WR/DB play.

Attachment 14145

When you compare the shot to one from 09 in a similar situation I think you'll see the difference:

We'll probably do a blog a little later on to talk about it in more detail, but I thought this screen was a good look at how things are changing - one area at a time - as we go for the full 'sim' experience. I'll leave it to you guys to pick apart all the details of course.
ITS ABOUT TIME. now seperatioon will be just tyat....seperation.
no more 10foot high jumping dbs.

now 1 on 1 coverage = risky.

The Sim God has spoken
Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #190
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Not possible unfortunately. Videos will probably start coming out in a month or so as everything starts getting cleaned up. There's some awfulness going on here and there (like exploding heads for example) so we can't show that obviously.
lmao...send me a link to that video via private message
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #191
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
The technique is better, the DB is not trying to swat the football away with the wrong hand...

...Wow, great stuff.
whoa whoa whoa.... the defensive back IS taught to swat the ball with the hand opposite of the receiver. That way if he misses the ball, he has a chance at making the tackle. 09 has proper technique, it just defied physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #192
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Awesome shot, the only dissapointing thing for me is ONCE AGAIN the sidelines look absolutely wayyyyyy too empty?? i know it isn't gameplay, but FFS can't they just try to make the sidelines look more lifelike, in real life even behind the goalposts there is camera crew etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »