Home

Look at the sideline players

This is a discussion on Look at the sideline players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Look at the sideline players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I'm gonna have to disagree with most of you guys.

I think it matters a lot, in fact when done properly we'll see how much of a difference it actually makes. One of the coolest things I saw in 2K8 was a player going out of bounds...and he was helped by the players on the sideline. They actually helped him slow down, and kinda clapped it up for him as he ran back on the field.

Another thing i noticed in 2K8 was when you score a TD watch your teams sideline...WOW! They go nuts...all of them. It was too cool to see that happen on the sideline during the play. I had to replay it to make sure I saw what I thought I saw...

As to the matter of something like this making it into Madden '10...I don't know. I'm sure it will be better than '09, but I don't know what they'll do.

I'd like them to go the 2K8 route, but like you guys said...to most of us its really not that big a deal...and to me its unfortunate because it really added a true sense of TEAM, and excitement.

just one more quick note on this...the opposing sidelines looked like the wind was knocked out them.
I agree, the sidelines were perfection on 2k8. Just immerses you in the experience. The players also follow the action, all the players on the field and on the sideline, it is gorgeous.

I'm hoping for a giant leap from madden this year. I need to see Offensive and defensive line play that makes me want to replay every play like I do on 2k5 and 2k8. I need to see realistic battles between the wr and Cb...I need to see balls bouncing off of people and i need to see uniforms get dirty. I need to see REAL fans in the stands and i ABSOLUTELY need to FEEL the atmosphere. It can't be dead....
Old 04-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #18
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I for one would like to see instances like a player be pushed out of bounds on the opposing teams bench and get into a shoving/verbal jarring match with them. You see this kind of thing in NBA 2K9 when a defender fouls the shooter hard and then tries to help him up off the ground. It's a small detail but it's adds realism and captures emotion of the game.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #19
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I could care less about what the sidelines look like. What does that have to do with what is happening on the field.

In real life the Sidelines aren't a big deal and when watching the game I still want to see the game , not what is happening on the sidelines.

You can just use cut scenes for those dramatic moments.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

It's called atmosphere, and yes it's important in my opinion.

I don't want "ghosts" on the sidelines anymore....(where you run right thru them as if they're not there.)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #21
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Yuck. That picture made me feel physically sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »