Home
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:25 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker In Madden '10? For Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker
The physics engine is obviously amazing. The graphics look stellar as well.

My concern is with the "robo" uniforms and the hyper superman tackles.....is it possible to just wrap tackle or does every tackle have to be crash test dummies in an automobile accident?

I curious to see more but i fear that they will miss the mark when it comes to simulation.
I also am curious about that. I asked about the player models and if they were planning on keeping them that way, or if they're going to change them. No response as of now, so maybe sometime in the afternoon today.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #34
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

My concern is with the "robo" uniforms and the hyper superman tackles.....is it possible to just wrap tackle or does every tackle have to be crash test dummies in an automobile accident?

I curious to see more but i fear that they will miss the mark when it comes to simulation.
The Devs have said on the BB forums that this game takes place in the future, hence the space age looking uniforms. That alone ruins the game for me. I don't need real teams and players but I do want them to look like real teams and players.

For me to be able to enjoy this game with the space age look it would have to be outstanding.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 26

Im hoping all three football games do well and releases this year(BB for this year). I have high hopes for each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #36
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Im hoping all three football games do well and releases this year(BB for this year). I have high hopes for each game.
Agreed... if there are three quality football games on the market, I'll buy three football games. Especially if I get something different from each one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

I'm more in favor of the over-the-top tackles. Madden has chosen the sim route (aka boring, simple tackles with the occasional hit-stick flip) I hope Backbreaker keeps true to it's NAME and goes for the hard-hitting tackles. Ragdoll physics + football = win win win I seriously do not want another sim. I want something more entertaining. Madden has no bite to it. And even if they wanted to add some, the NFL would block it to keep it's cute and cuddly image intact. Now, I'm not looking for another Blitz: The league, but I would like the game to be hard-hitting.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 04-06-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I'm more in favor of the over-the-top tackles. Madden has chosen the sim route (aka boring, simple tackles with the occasional hit-stick flip) I hope Backbreaker keeps true to it's NAME and goes for the hard-hitting tackles. Ragdoll physics + football = win win win I seriously do not want another sim. I want something more entertaining. Madden has no bite to it. And even if they wanted to add some, the NFL would block it to keep it's cute and cuddly image intact. Now, I'm not looking for another Blitz: The league, but I would like the game to be hard-hitting.
I understand your reasoning, but I'd probably say that Madden has had enough over-the-top tackles the past couple years. But for what you're looking for, I'm sure we'd disagree.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #39
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I'm really hoping backbreaker sucks.
Why would you want another football game to suck?? I say the more quality football games out there to choose from, the better!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm not hoping backbreaker sucks but I'm willing to bet that it will. It will be like All-Pro a couple of good things here and there, but overall the game will be weak.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »