Home

This Should NEVER Happen - Ever

This is a discussion on This Should NEVER Happen - Ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: This Should NEVER Happen - Ever

First one is bad with any Qb other then maybe Vick, and not necessarily in that fashion of breaking the tackles. Different animations would have made it at least someone MORE believable.

Second, was feasible. The throw into that coverage was bad and there was a lot of sloppy things going on but offensive players don't tackle that often.

Third one was possible, but not likely. Again offensive players don't tackle that well and there are some DBs that run well with the ball. Again, all the broken tackles probably shouldn't have been done with the same animation though.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

romo was a freak in that first vid. if that play happened against me...a controller would be broken
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
romo was a freak in that first vid. if that play happened against me...a controller would be broken
Yes, but even before Ian posted, many people on EA Sports World can tell that these are broken/failed "strip ball" attempts. If you are going for the user stip this often you deserve stuff like this to happen. People abuse the user strip and hit stick in Madden. They feel that the risk/reward of doing this out weighs the chances of that Romo play happening to them. If they let 12 broken tackles go byin one game, but cause 1 fumble it's worth it to them.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes, those were a tad overboard.

I've been wondering...with M10 focusing on going more sim, I wonder if that'll cause people to have to play longer quarter lengths?

With some of the craziness/arcade stuff being toned down, you'd think it would cause fewer huge plays and possibly lower final scores/stats. Maybe too low for the quarter lengths currently being used?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

jesica simpson was in the endzone nude romo had to go to her
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yes, those were a tad overboard.

I've been wondering...with M10 focusing on going more sim, I wonder if that'll cause people to have to play longer quarter lengths?

With some of the craziness/arcade stuff being toned down, you'd think it would cause fewer huge plays and possibly lower final scores/stats. Maybe too low for the quarter lengths currently being used?
That should depend on the dominance of the team. Like when New England played the Dolphins. The Pats showed no mercy in that first half.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Another thing completely unrealistic is that in the 3d video a Lion tries to tackle the guy on 3 seperate occasions... he goes for a tackle, misses.. falls down, QUICKLY gets up and almost turboes back to the ball carrier, fails again, falls down, gets up again, catches up to him again, dives at him and fails again...

Does that poor bastard get 3 missed tackles in one play?! Has that EVER happened?! Fatigue needs to do a better job here I"d say.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #24
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

As Ian said, these videos all had players trying to "Strip" the ball carrier. That is why he broke so many tackles. Who knows, maybe they purposely set up these videos, just to make a high greatness score

I dont really care about what these videos just showed

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »