Home

This Should NEVER Happen - Ever

This is a discussion on This Should NEVER Happen - Ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: This Should NEVER Happen - Ever

I've come to the conclussion that Calvin Johnson could never play defense. lol
Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

The reason those videos look bad is because the EA replays are extremely compressed and a lot of the animations, blending, and transitions are lost when saved and uploaded. Those videos you see on EA Sports World are NOT representative of how it looks in the game itself.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
The reason those videos look bad is because the EA replays are extremely compressed and a lot of the animations, blending, and transitions are lost when saved and uploaded. Those videos you see on EA Sports World are NOT representative of how it looks in the game itself.
Its not the the compression of the replays thats wrong. Its the things the players are doing. Romo trucking 7 guys? DB's slipping past 17 guys to the endzone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't think the Romo thing is something that happens regularly or something that even happens all that often.

Now, the defensive line falling down like they mowed down by North Korean Machine guns looks much more terrible and is something that happened in EVERY video.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 04-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I have found this to occur the most on turnovers. I understand that the offense should not tackle as well as the defense but I have been forced to use a house rule to combat this. I tried not using turbo on interceptions but that looked even more ridiculous when the lineman would constantly fall off of your CB so now I allow no more than two broken tackles and then I run out of bounds.

BTW, I love the Romo one as I have not seen this problem too much on offense.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Yes, but even before Ian posted, many people on EA Sports World can tell that these are broken/failed "strip ball" attempts. If you are going for the user stip this often you deserve stuff like this to happen. People abuse the user strip and hit stick in Madden. They feel that the risk/reward of doing this out weighs the chances of that Romo play happening to them. If they let 12 broken tackles go byin one game, but cause 1 fumble it's worth it to them.
The quarterback running in open field should be the person using "cover ball", their ratings should make it risky to run in open field full sprint while taking hits.

The "strip ball" button should almost never cause a missed tackle against a QB. The animation for a missed "strip ball" should be them dragging the QB down by the jersey or tackling them by their legs. They might miss a big hit on the QB, but they still will take him down.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its not the the compression of the replays thats wrong. Its the things the players are doing. Romo trucking 7 guys? DB's slipping past 17 guys to the endzone?

Absolutely. I just was responding to the people that were saying the game looks "bad" in the replay. It looks much smoother in actual gameplay. Of course the problem of Romo breaking 10 tackles still exists though. I was just explaining why the animations look messed up.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
I hope Madden 10's overall animations and the way the gameplay flows are MUCH better than that. Extremely robotic looking.

Are they using a whole new gameplay engine and animation system this year?
No..Same Hemi...same ANT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »