Home

User Catching in Madden 10 & Co-op play

This is a discussion on User Catching in Madden 10 & Co-op play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is user catching to you?
Extremely important. 22 30.56%
I use it sometimes. 26 36.11%
Not important to me. 19 26.39%
You can user catch? 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Post User Catching in Madden 10 & Co-op play

Part 1: User Catching

So I was wondering what user catching in Madden 10 is going to be like. I really hope that the catch animations are triggered by when you press the Y (Triangle) Button and don't look sloppy if you mistime it. By sloppy, I mean the receiver throws his arms into the air and doesn't even attempt to make a play on the ball.

You should be able to press Y at [almost] any time the ball is coming close to your receiver and get an animation that will be a catch, or at least show he's trying to make a play on the ball. Including some catches that will make you go "NO WAY! He really just caught that?"

HOPEFULLY Ian and Co. have been, or plan on working on this a lot. This is a HUGE part of Madden gameplay for a lot of people.

This is how I feel user catching should be more like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jFz4I5jLs

Part 2: Co-op play

This seems to be an area that EA has forgotten about. Sure they have co-op in there (by co-op I mean 2 people on the same team), but it's just lacking some stuff. Here's how I see it:

• Playing as a WR has become boring now because of the horrid User Catching. You cannot sit in the holes in a zone coverage because you can't strafe [yes I know strafe catch caused issues]. Not to mention the fact that you can't do a curl pattern (unless you let the CPU run a curl for you). Me and friends used to love playing on the same team, but now it's horrible. I think when running a pattern, flick the left stick down quickly so your receiver cuts and faces the Line of Scrimmage.
  • If you can have up to 4 controllers connected at one time, all 4 should be allowed to play on the same team. Like it USED to be on past-gen.
  • I feel that this is LONG overdue in Madden. This never was even in past-gen Madden. Why is there no online co-op? Obviously it would be unranked, so why can't there be online co-op? 2K5 did it, so I don't understand why it hasn't been

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: User Catching in Madden 10 & Co-op play

I use it sometimes, mostly against human opponents.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I use it sometimes, mostly against human opponents.
same
Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I will use it sparingly on the next gen. I used to use it a lot on older madden games when I was younger and didn't know it was an exploit. I thought i was just using my "stick skills." I like fair, fun, and true sim competion. I mostly use "user catch" for user picks. I love to user pick a bad throw. However, i don't scramble around with the free safty. I noramlly toggle onto the DB in zone and move them into the right place and make a simle user pick, sometimes a pick 6. Defesive TDs feel WAY better than offensive ones.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #5
MVP

not related really, but how do you make a poll? I clicked the post a poll option but nothing comes up where I can add choices>>>? help please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
Banned

I don't consider it an exploit if it looks natural. The point of user catching is to try to attempt to get your player in the best position to make a play. Isn't that what the receiver would do on Sundays?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
not related really, but how do you make a poll? I clicked the post a poll option but nothing comes up where I can add choices>>>? help please
You check it off, and choose the number of choices. Click submit thread. Then your poll options comes up.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
You check it off, and choose the number of choices. Click submit thread. Then your poll options comes up.
ha, ok thanks...i was scared to submit the thread for fear of having it come up blank and looking like an idiot. thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »