Home

PS3 Madden 2010 Potential Buyers

This is a discussion on PS3 Madden 2010 Potential Buyers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: PS3 Madden 2010 Potential Buyers

If Madden finally supports 1080i resolution then I will get it for the PS3 (I have a 1080i only television). If EA continues to short change the PS3 community, then I don't know what I'll do because I don't want to spend an additional $200 for another console and I'm not going to trade in my PS3 for one either.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
If Madden finally supports 1080i resolution then I will get it for the PS3 (I have a 1080i only television). If EA continues to short change the PS3 community, then I don't know what I'll do because I don't want to spend an additional $200 for another console and I'm not going to trade in my PS3 for one either.
Yea, that's frustrating. I used to have a 1080i only TV and that's why I didn't get a PS3 in the beginning. The PS3 does not have an internal scaler so you're stuck at whatever resolution the developer offers (mostly 720p) so if your TV only offers 1080i your only option is 480p. The 360 automatically scales all content to 1080p (or lower depending on what you set it to).
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39

get it for the 360!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

At least have PS3 madden support 1080p/1080i. I hate walking into Best Buy, picking up an EA Sports game for PS3 and see the label 720p and walk over and pick up the exact same game for 360 and see a higher resolution capability.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
At least have PS3 madden support 1080p/1080i. I hate walking into Best Buy, picking up an EA Sports game for PS3 and see the label 720p and walk over and pick up the exact same game for 360 and see a higher resolution capability.
It's not that simple. Games (and cable TV, DVDs, etc) are created in a native resolution. After that it can be scaled by the device or by the television if it is capable of it. The 360 (along with most modern media devices...excluding the PS3 for some reason) offers an internal scaler that will take the native resolution and convert it to the resolution you want it to. So to be fair to the PS3, although the 360 does upscale all games to 1080p, most are not natively that resolution. As I said most PS3 AND 360 games are 720p. The only difference is that the PS3 doesn't have the ability to upscale to 1080p, so you're stuck with whatever is coming out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Ian has actually never had an issue with disc size. Look on his twitter. A lot of people have no idea how games are developed and assume more size automatically means more features. First of all the reason Head Coach hasn't been ported over to Madden has nothing to do with space issues. Code and text based information takes up a tiny fraction of disc space.

Here are a few comments that he has made on the subject

Re: The Show 09-

"@DTown1 incredible game, but the ps3 has nothing to do with it IMO. They could make it for 360 and nothing would change."

When asked if disc space was an issue for Madden-

"bluray only allows more content on the disc, not in the game. Not sure I agree on ps3 exclusives...how about Gears and Bioshock?"

When asked if PS3 is superior-

"That's not how things work. We're making two games for two platforms that are nearly identical. Not sure how PS3 suffers?

I'll take a developer's word over random people's opinions. People like to take buzz words and run with them to assume things are superior when in actuality the two consoles are ridiculously close in terms of power.
Blu ray does make a difference in audio and textures and thats a fact not an opinion. As far as I'm concern EA is all talk, as of now. SCEA SD didn't talk, they just produced.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Re: The Show 09-

"@DTown1 incredible game, but the ps3 has nothing to do with it IMO. They could make it for 360 and nothing would change."
I don't know about that. The amount of audio in the Show 08 exceeded 10 GB which is more than the disc space in a regular gaming disc as far as I know. Artwork and stadium stuff do tend to take up the most room from what I've read.

Either way, I expect both versions of Madden '10 to be virtually identical. Both systems have pro's and con's and the learning curve for the PS3 appears to be complete so games are now the same. I think that's what the point of the original thread was so there is no need for people on either side of the fence to worry.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 35

Hey are PS2 Maddens playable on PS3s?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »