Home

Why is it Madden 10 seems to be making huge strides?

This is a discussion on Why is it Madden 10 seems to be making huge strides? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Why is it Madden 10 seems to be making huge strides?

The sales are still great only second to fifa for sports titles.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
One of my favorite quotes from Ian was "I can hear the tournament players everywhere cursing my name."
Does this hint at a tournament feature :-D !
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I got what you're saying, you're right about the ring builder but I think that was more of an idea that didn't pan out rather than something they were trying to use to sell the game. Do you know anyone who bought the game for the ring builder? Did you see it in advertisements?

I think we look at it in different ways. You see it as a conspiracy where developers are purposely sabotaging their own product, their creation, to somehow influence the sales of the next game...which they have no guarantee that they'll even be working on or a part of the company if their current project fails...which would be the height of stupidity. If Mr. Ortiz was purposely leaving out all of the stuff that Ian is putting in now...just to save it for Madden 10....why was he fired? Didn't the "higher ups" know the deal?

I just think that some developers and lead designers have better ideas than others do. Simple right?
I like Ian 10x more than Ortiz, so far I think he is a better designer than Ortiz, based on the blog anyway. However I don't consider it
"sabotaging". Madden is still a good game, but it hasn't made any REAL improvements since it's Next Gen debut but gimmick features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
The sales are still great only second to fifa for sports titles.
True but think about how many people love football, then think about how many people own a console, if the game was better(more sim) i think more people would be buy it. Plus the fact that we have been begging for improvements this whole generation.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #53
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Basically, David Ortiz was possibly the worst hire in gaming history. (Well, for sim people at least).

That dude was more about making himself a celebrity than anything else. Im glad to see him go and for EA to get some real hard working people in there that dont buy into their own hype.

Ortiz is a "Wanksta".
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #54
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Basically, David Ortiz was possibly the worst hire in gaming history. (Well, for sim people at least).

That dude was more about making himself a celebrity than anything else. Im glad to see him go and for EA to get some real hard working people in there that dont buy into their own hype.

Ortiz is a "Wanksta".
I think we can make our points like civilized grown ups. Let's not get this thread closed with a bunch of personal attacks.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #55
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

^^Agreed. Basically, I still had fun with every Madden because I LOVE the game of football. I will buy it every year no matter what. However, I can tell that the dedication to this year's game is a lot more visual than in years past. I can SEE what they're doing and it looks like 10 will be a lot better than 09. As long as the game keeps progressing (which it has, IMO) then it's all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #56
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Im not attacking another member, and I used no derogatory language against Mr. Ortiz.

The guy was a joke of a lead for possibly the biggest game in the USA and I think he should be called out for it.

Plus he is a public figure and can be called out for these things.

So dont start a grown up vs. kids thread against me tonto

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »