Home
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #33
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,820
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how everyone blames someone who is not around to defend themselves on anything that went wrong in the past. I see that type of weak sauce in corporate America all the time, but the bottom line is simple, no matter what you say about old boy the very same people who are developing the game now were around when Ortiz was here so what makes you think any changes in the game will be their sole responsibility or more due to the fact that EA increased production budgets, team members etc.

welcome to america--21st century style

as for thinking the 'same people' stuff.......water flows downhill.....poor direction (in our OS eyes) then poor execution.

simple as that
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.
K_GUN is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #34
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Where in this thread did I do anything of that sort?

Ranting about online franchise I guess I agree, but most people here have soemthing they rant about all the time Guillotine = details with the towels etc, adembroski- headcoach and franchise, so me wanting online franchise is nothing to be worked about or even get upset over
Youre basically telling us that this is the same team that worked on previous Madden's, when it really isnt, so why get excited....sounded that way to me at least. Maybe it didnt come over the way you intended, but it seems like you are trying to say that this isnt much different than the Ortiz regime because SOME of the same people are still on the TEAM.

Im not saying you arent entitled to your opinion. You can think whatever you want. You have a reason to be pessimistic about the game like many are. I was one myself until I seen the interaction between the Madden team and the gamers.

If the game isnt DRASTICALLY improved this year, I may never be optimisic about a game again, but IMO, what is going on this year is something that is revolutionary, and I see no reason why anyone shouldnt be more optimistic about this Madden than past Madden's under Ortiz.

Oh, and Im not saying you arent entitled to rant about it, Im just saying that you seem to question people on what they rant about....why are their rants about presentation or gameplay any less important than yours about online chise?

Last edited by fourthreemafia; 04-06-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Something to add
fourthreemafia is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #35
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I sometimes wonder what Ortiz is up to nowadays. I'm not going to slander the man, but I'm curious if he ever roams the boards. For obvious reasons, I don't think he'd post under the name David Ortiz. He could be among us now for all we know . I'd like to get his side to the story as opposed to pinning everything on him. I know it's been mentioned that he talked down to the fanbase, but I'm a firm believer in two-sides to every story. None of the current EA staff has made him out to seem like a jackass.
Good one Chief that's part of what I was trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Youre basically telling us that this is the same team that worked on previous Madden's, when it really isnt, so why get excited....sounded that way to me at least. Maybe it didnt come over the way you intended, but it seems like you are trying to say that this isnt much different than the Ortiz regime because SOME of the same people are still on the TEAM.

Im not saying you arent entitled to your opinion. You can think whatever you want. You have a reason to be pessimistic about the game like many are. I was one myself until I seen the interaction between the Madden team and the gamers.

If the game isnt DRASTICALLY improved this year, I may never be optimisic about a game again, but IMO, what is going on this year is something that is revolutionary, and I see no reason why anyone shouldnt be more optimistic about this Madden than past Madden's under Ortiz.
I wasn't trying to say that and I apologize if it came off that way. I was trying to say that maybe the game i will be vastly improved not just because of who is developing the game, but rather the fact EA has recommitted to the game, added more funding, assigned new team members etc. Maybe the Ortiz dude didn't have all these things I don't know nor do I really care, but I often see him $#!T upon on these boards so I figured I'd drop an alternative theory. The reason being I work in corporate america and every time someone leaves or has their back turned everyone wants to blame that individual. In my 6 years of working since graduation I jave never had a boss, when I walked up to him and looked him directly in the eye and said "I appreciate the way you are handling things, but I have a suggestion that may help our operation" turned around and said "Get out of my face I know what i'm doing". So maybe it wasn't Ortiz fault, there are usually additional circumstances

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 04-06-2009 at 12:39 PM.
FadeEmAll is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #36
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,699
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
welcome to america--21st century style

as for thinking the 'same people' stuff.......water flows downhill.....poor direction (in our OS eyes) then poor execution.

simple as that
This is so true.

We tend to blame people at the top because everything else runs downhill.
roadman is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #37
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've blamed him for years. It's his fault he never showed up to defend himself, not mine.
Pray you never apply for a job and the person in charge of hiring you Google's your name and some anonymous poster is there stating "AdemBroski is a @#$%%$". They then decide not to hire you. It may sound funny but my co-workers and I have done that on more than one occasion.
FadeEmAll is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #38
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I wasn't trying to say that and I apologize if it came off that way. I was trying to say that maybe the game i will be vastly improved not just because of who is developing the game, but rather the fact EA has recommitted to the game, added more funding, assigned new team members etc. Maybe the Ortiz dude didn't have all these things I don't know nor do I really care, but I often see him $#!T upon on these boards so I figured I'd drop an alternative theory. The reason being I work in corporate america and every time someone leaves or has their back turned everyone wants to blame that individual. In my 6 years of working since graduation I jave never had a boss, when I walked up to him and looked him directly in the eye and said "I appreciate the way you are handling things, but I have a suggestion that may help our operation" turned around and said "Get out of my face I know what i'm doing". So maybe it wasn't Ortiz fault, there are usually additional circumstances

Fair enough...I can understand where you are coming from. Alot of times, these people take unfair amount of blame, and Im not saying David Ortiz is ALL to blame, but he is a big part of it. With more power comes more responsibility (thanks Uncle Ben) and with that responsibilty comes more blame when things dont go the way they should.

Under Ortiz, I never really seen any desire to make the game much better than it was. It seemed under him, they were content with just putting out a game with minor upgrades and running away with peoples money.

Thats the felling I got at least. Under the new team, I actually feel like they WANT to make a great game, and arent content with just putting out an average at best product year after year. They are OBVIOUSLY taking fan feedback seriously, and that alone is something to get excited about, especially listening to alot of the quality members here, as opposed to some place where people dont really know much about football or what a quality sim is.

So, I can understand where you are coming from....Im just saying at this point, I dont see a reason why people shouldnt at least be a little optimisitic....and as I said, this is coming from a guy that just a year ago wanted to see EA and Madden crumble because I had no hope left for the series.

Ian and company have rekindled that hope.

Whether they live up to expectations in every area remains to be seen.
fourthreemafia is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #39
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how everyone blames someone who is not around to defend themselves on anything that went wrong in the past. I see that type of weak sauce in corporate America all the time, but the bottom line is simple, no matter what you say about old boy the very same people who are developing the game now were around when Ortiz was here so what makes you think any changes in the game will be their sole responsibility or more due to the fact that EA increased production budgets, team members etc.
He was the lead the designer, the H.N.I.C. . He called the shots, and decided what would and would not go in the game; What the development team would and would not focus on. You've gotta believe that Ian wanted to implement a lot of the ideas that are being implemented now, but simply didn't have the authority or support from Ortiz to do so.
Tito78 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #40
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, but that is your opinion.

Phil and Ian were brought into 09 late. Phil was formally on the xbox and PS2 before he jumped to NG last year after all the ideas were implemented on 09.(about this time last year)

Ian came to 09 with about a month before 09 was released.

It's a brand new team from 09 to 10 according to Ian.
Phil was working on the xbox/ps2 version; Ian has been with the next gen time for a while.
Tito78 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Top -