Home
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #57
Banned
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas
Blog Entries: 1
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think you did a great job and I was just kidding what I said back there. Ian sucks.
+1
Derrville is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #58
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how everyone blames someone who is not around to defend themselves on anything that went wrong in the past. I see that type of weak sauce in corporate America all the time, but the bottom line is simple, no matter what you say about old boy the very same people who are developing the game now were around when Ortiz was here so what makes you think any changes in the game will be their sole responsibility or more due to the fact that EA increased production budgets, team members etc.
Ian Cummings. All the work he has done and is still doing and hs "community interaction rulz" mentality. In the blogs we have seen some of the most improvements from one Madden game to another ever. I highly doubt that silly things like Ring Builder and Madden IQ would have been in 09 had Ian been in charge. While these things may not have Been D.O's idea, he was the man in charge to say yea or ney. "The buck stops here."

Ian has never said a bad thing about D.O. to my knowledge and rightfully so. However, he has hinted at a number of things that were done wrong in the past and obviously good ideas that were shot down. The "band aid" like sped-up animations and oher interactions have been pulled and re-tooled. Also, Ian claims he has pushed for community interaction for years now only to fall on deff ears. Most all of us can remember D.O.'s comment "You wouldn't understand." Ian felt differently and now that he is in charge we can see the difference.
__________________
My Madden Blog
PGaither84 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #59
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Pray you never apply for a job and the person in charge of hiring you Google's your name and some anonymous poster is there stating "AdemBroski is a @#$%%$". They then decide not to hire you. It may sound funny but my co-workers and I have done that on more than one occasion.
David Ortiz, is that you ???
Tito78 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #60
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,613
Blog Entries: 20
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Ian Cummings. All the work he has done and is still doing and hs "community interaction rulz" mentality. In the blogs we have seen some of the most improvements from one Madden game to another ever. I highly doubt that silly things like Ring Builder and Madden IQ would have been in 09 had Ian been in charge. While these things may not have Been D.O's idea, he was the man in charge to say yea or ney. "The buck stops here."

Ian has never said a bad thing about D.O. to my knowledge and rightfully so. However, he has hinted at a number of things that were done wrong in the past and obviously good ideas that were shot down. The "band aid" like sped-up animations and oher interactions have been pulled and re-tooled. Also, Ian claims he has pushed for community interaction for years now only to fall on deff ears. Most all of us can remember D.O.'s comment "You wouldn't understand." Ian felt differently and now that he is in charge we can see the difference.
That's the biggest difference to me... Ian doesn't assume we're idiots. He'll get into technical stuff without an explanation, then when it turns out we are idiots, he explains it and we move on. David would roll his eyes during interviews when someone would question a decision or Madden's direction. So damned arrogant.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #61
Banned
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: I Live in... Sports Centre
Blog Entries: 2
Re: David Ortiz?

you guys don't understand those reporters are dumb! Why should I spend my time on them when I have a fun arcade game to make!
Boucher is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #62
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: David Ortiz?

How did this make it to 7 pages?
83evans is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #63
Banned
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Proof? He came in at the end of 09.

If you don't believe me, that's fine, you don't believe Ian , either.
Ian worked on 09; he's the one who made the passing icons disappear when the QB's drop back exceeded 10 yards.
Tito78 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #64
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That's the biggest difference to me... Ian doesn't assume we're idiots. He'll get into technical stuff without an explanation, then when it turns out we are idiots, he explains it and we move on. David would roll his eyes during interviews when someone would question a decision or Madden's direction. So damned arrogant.
adem... "you wouldn't understand!" lol jk, yeah I remember for like Madden 08 gamespot was interviewing him and listening to him talk I was like: "wtf! this guy thinks we are all idiots! I really wanna know what the weapon systems all about!"
krc1130 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Top -