Home

David Ortiz?

This is a discussion on David Ortiz? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think you did a great job and I was just kidding what I said back there. Ian sucks.
+1
Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #58
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how everyone blames someone who is not around to defend themselves on anything that went wrong in the past. I see that type of weak sauce in corporate America all the time, but the bottom line is simple, no matter what you say about old boy the very same people who are developing the game now were around when Ortiz was here so what makes you think any changes in the game will be their sole responsibility or more due to the fact that EA increased production budgets, team members etc.
Ian Cummings. All the work he has done and is still doing and hs "community interaction rulz" mentality. In the blogs we have seen some of the most improvements from one Madden game to another ever. I highly doubt that silly things like Ring Builder and Madden IQ would have been in 09 had Ian been in charge. While these things may not have Been D.O's idea, he was the man in charge to say yea or ney. "The buck stops here."

Ian has never said a bad thing about D.O. to my knowledge and rightfully so. However, he has hinted at a number of things that were done wrong in the past and obviously good ideas that were shot down. The "band aid" like sped-up animations and oher interactions have been pulled and re-tooled. Also, Ian claims he has pushed for community interaction for years now only to fall on deff ears. Most all of us can remember D.O.'s comment "You wouldn't understand." Ian felt differently and now that he is in charge we can see the difference.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Pray you never apply for a job and the person in charge of hiring you Google's your name and some anonymous poster is there stating "AdemBroski is a @#$%%$". They then decide not to hire you. It may sound funny but my co-workers and I have done that on more than one occasion.
David Ortiz, is that you ???
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #60
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Ian Cummings. All the work he has done and is still doing and hs "community interaction rulz" mentality. In the blogs we have seen some of the most improvements from one Madden game to another ever. I highly doubt that silly things like Ring Builder and Madden IQ would have been in 09 had Ian been in charge. While these things may not have Been D.O's idea, he was the man in charge to say yea or ney. "The buck stops here."

Ian has never said a bad thing about D.O. to my knowledge and rightfully so. However, he has hinted at a number of things that were done wrong in the past and obviously good ideas that were shot down. The "band aid" like sped-up animations and oher interactions have been pulled and re-tooled. Also, Ian claims he has pushed for community interaction for years now only to fall on deff ears. Most all of us can remember D.O.'s comment "You wouldn't understand." Ian felt differently and now that he is in charge we can see the difference.
That's the biggest difference to me... Ian doesn't assume we're idiots. He'll get into technical stuff without an explanation, then when it turns out we are idiots, he explains it and we move on. David would roll his eyes during interviews when someone would question a decision or Madden's direction. So damned arrogant.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 38

you guys don't understand those reporters are dumb! Why should I spend my time on them when I have a fun arcade game to make!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

How did this make it to 7 pages?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Proof? He came in at the end of 09.

If you don't believe me, that's fine, you don't believe Ian , either.
Ian worked on 09; he's the one who made the passing icons disappear when the QB's drop back exceeded 10 yards.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That's the biggest difference to me... Ian doesn't assume we're idiots. He'll get into technical stuff without an explanation, then when it turns out we are idiots, he explains it and we move on. David would roll his eyes during interviews when someone would question a decision or Madden's direction. So damned arrogant.
adem... "you wouldn't understand!" lol jk, yeah I remember for like Madden 08 gamespot was interviewing him and listening to him talk I was like: "wtf! this guy thinks we are all idiots! I really wanna know what the weapon systems all about!"
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »