Home

We need pre-play cutscenes. Do you guys agree?

This is a discussion on We need pre-play cutscenes. Do you guys agree? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: We need pre-play cutscenes. Do you guys agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Actually I think that is an unrealistic comparison. I can picture my self getting tired of playing video games period and would turn it to ESPN or NFL Network to watch some highlights, news, or previous played games
Hmmmmm... I'm not sure how that connects, exactly. I mean, the same can said vice versa. Plus, watching highlights and previously played games would have more predictability in terms of shots than even a game with few cutscenes would have since it would never change or vary at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
In real life tv you get pretty much get something new EVERY game.
I can't say I agree with that because each network has its own crews and a uniform way of shooting the games, to the point that you can accurately predict what type of shot is coming next a lot of times. But what keeps it fairly fresh on TV is the same thing that would keep it fresh in a video game, just like what MLB The Show is doing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The way to keep these alive is to add varying angles to play randomly for each shot. This would give the illusion of each scene being different.
You're going to get the same type of shot a lot on TV, because that's just the reality of how it all works. But what you want to have is enough shots mixed up well enough that it feels fresh. That's what they do on TV, that's what I see a decent amount of in MLB The Show, and that's what Madden needs.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #18
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I just want to play the darn game. I couldn't care less about cut scenes and half time shows and weekly wrap-ups; make the game play like football. I don't need fluff.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I just want to play the darn game. I couldn't care less about cut scenes and half time shows and weekly wrap-ups; make the game play like football. I don't need fluff.
No offense, but lets hope they don't completely listen to you.

One of the reasons NFL 2K5 is so great is due to that great presentation that keeps you immersed for season after season.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Good for you.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
People like you make me laugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was amazed how MLB 2k9 announcers seemed so seemlessly aware of everyone who was on the field. They mentioned everyone by name every time and even made comments about them. Madden needs this desperately.

Instead of "The CB made a great play there!" they should say "What a great play by Revis.. one of the best young Corners in the game." Or instead of "The Qb took a shot on that one!" they should say "Oh boy.. did you see the brutal hit Drew Brees took after that throw?"

OH! and it should be like "What an amazing catch by....Chad Johnson!......on that play!"
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Hmmmmm... I'm not sure how that connects, exactly. I mean, the same can said vice versa. Plus, watching highlights and previously played games would have more predictability in terms of shots than even a game with few cutscenes would have since it would never change or vary at all.

I can't say I agree with that because each network has its own crews and a uniform way of shooting the games, to the point that you can accurately predict what type of shot is coming next a lot of times. But what keeps it fairly fresh on TV is the same thing that would keep it fresh in a video game, just like what MLB The Show is doing:

You're going to get the same type of shot a lot on TV, because that's just the reality of how it all works. But what you want to have is enough shots mixed up well enough that it feels fresh. That's what they do on TV, that's what I see a decent amount of in MLB The Show, and that's what Madden needs.
Not talking about the camera shots, nor the idea per say. I like the Idea as long as u can interrupt it. I am talking about your comparison to reality on tv and a game. How many cutscenes do you think they will add to the game, how many times will u get tired of Manning walking to line and pointing right than left, as long as there is a wide variety of what can actually happen, than im fine with it. Surely when Manning does it in real life, he's actually making calls, not for show.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchditcher
I was amazed how MLB 2k9 announcers seemed so seemlessly aware of everyone who was on the field. They mentioned everyone by name every time and even made comments about them. Madden needs this desperately.

Instead of "The CB made a great play there!" they should say "What a great play by Revis.. one of the best young Corners in the game." Or instead of "The Qb took a shot on that one!" they should say "Oh boy.. did you see the brutal hit Drew Brees took after that throw?"

OH! and it should be like "What an amazing catch by....Chad Johnson!......on that play!"
I agree completely.

Occasionaly, I can understand if they dont say the players actual name....like if its a created or drafted player with a weird or very uncommon last time.

But there is no reason that every last name shouldnt be recorded into the game.

I hate to make another 2k5 reference, but look at it. They say nearly every name. They even use player nicknames like "Big Ben"
, "Jake the Snake" and "LT".

Sadly, I dont think this commentating team is all that great. Collinsworth is fine, but Hammond should be taking phone calls at a funeral parlor. Get someone with excitement in there.

Ill wait to hear the new stuff, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »