Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2009
Kicking field goals is way too easy

I don't remember the last time I missed a field goal in madden 09. The whole right analog stick kicking method is very easy and I think it is something that is overlooked. I think the old way was better (press X/A to start meter, press X/A for power, then press X/A again to stop the meter in the accuracy zone).
The more accurate the kicker, the bigger the accuracy zone. The kicker with the bigger boot has a larger meter for distance.
rsoxguy12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I don't remember the last time I missed a field goal in madden 09. The whole right analog stick kicking method is very easy and I think it is something that is overlooked. I think the old way was better (press X/A to start meter, press X/A for power, then press X/A again to stop the meter in the accuracy zone).
The more accurate the kicker, the bigger the accuracy zone. The kicker with the bigger boot has a larger meter for distance.
I would be shocked if the kicking system stays the same... the way it is now, might as well just let the AI kick it while I go take a leak or something, its automatic either way.
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie
 
Beardown's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Plus you need cross winds that will have an effect on the kick. You should have to calculate for wind more to have any chance at making kicking a challenge. Hopefully they are changing kicking in some way this year.
Beardown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

I discussed this matter with Ian via a PM and he said that the kicking mechanic will be untouched this year but it will be reconsidered going forward.

IMO though that does not mean that kicking will still be automatic as the ratings system may have a bigger effect this year

Wind and other factors we did not discuss, just the actual kicking mechanic, so do not take that to mean kicking by the CPU or the user will be automatic or have the same effect as 09, just that the way we kick the ball will be unchanged.
Golden28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
I discussed this matter with Ian via a PM and he said that the kicking mechanic will be untouched this year but it will be reconsidered going forward.

IMO though that does not mean that kicking will still be automatic as the ratings system may have a bigger effect this year

Wind and other factors we did not discuss, just the actual kicking mechanic, so do not take that to mean kicking by the CPU or the user will be automatic or have the same effect as 09, just that the way we kick the ball will be unchanged.
Oh well, I guess there are bigger fish to fry.
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Oh well, I guess there are bigger fish to fry.
Exactly what Ian said.

Although he did say that in the years to come kicking and special teams were going to get some love.
Golden28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,912
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

been brought up a million times
sportzbro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
Because I can!
thudias is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Top -