Home

Kicking field goals is way too easy

This is a discussion on Kicking field goals is way too easy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Kicking field goals is way too easy

I don't remember the last time I missed a field goal in madden 09. The whole right analog stick kicking method is very easy and I think it is something that is overlooked. I think the old way was better (press X/A to start meter, press X/A for power, then press X/A again to stop the meter in the accuracy zone).
The more accurate the kicker, the bigger the accuracy zone. The kicker with the bigger boot has a larger meter for distance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Kicking field goals is way too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
I don't remember the last time I missed a field goal in madden 09. The whole right analog stick kicking method is very easy and I think it is something that is overlooked. I think the old way was better (press X/A to start meter, press X/A for power, then press X/A again to stop the meter in the accuracy zone).
The more accurate the kicker, the bigger the accuracy zone. The kicker with the bigger boot has a larger meter for distance.
I would be shocked if the kicking system stays the same... the way it is now, might as well just let the AI kick it while I go take a leak or something, its automatic either way.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Plus you need cross winds that will have an effect on the kick. You should have to calculate for wind more to have any chance at making kicking a challenge. Hopefully they are changing kicking in some way this year.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 15

I discussed this matter with Ian via a PM and he said that the kicking mechanic will be untouched this year but it will be reconsidered going forward.

IMO though that does not mean that kicking will still be automatic as the ratings system may have a bigger effect this year

Wind and other factors we did not discuss, just the actual kicking mechanic, so do not take that to mean kicking by the CPU or the user will be automatic or have the same effect as 09, just that the way we kick the ball will be unchanged.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
I discussed this matter with Ian via a PM and he said that the kicking mechanic will be untouched this year but it will be reconsidered going forward.

IMO though that does not mean that kicking will still be automatic as the ratings system may have a bigger effect this year

Wind and other factors we did not discuss, just the actual kicking mechanic, so do not take that to mean kicking by the CPU or the user will be automatic or have the same effect as 09, just that the way we kick the ball will be unchanged.
Oh well, I guess there are bigger fish to fry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Oh well, I guess there are bigger fish to fry.
Exactly what Ian said.

Although he did say that in the years to come kicking and special teams were going to get some love.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

been brought up a million times
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

Thanks for the heads up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »