Home

So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

This is a discussion on So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #41
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
I guess I was over-reacting the last three years too, then. Every year it's the same feeling. Everyone is pumped up just to be let down.

What are you talking about, by the way? Presentation has as much to do with franchise as it does on the football field. The only reason you don't think it ties into it is because you haven't seen it the past, what, eternity in Madden football?
Yes, presentation ties into the game as a whole, which is why I expect it to have its own blog. This blog was about franchise and how they are fixing/tuning it.

If they didn't mention these fixes of things that have plagued the series since its next gen leap, people would've been complaining about that. If they would've talked about presentation, as you were hoping, then we would have people saying.."ok, you added this, but what about the progression, FA logic, offseason logic, etc..? Are those things still broken? Why didn't they fix those?"

This was the first, of what seems to be, a few franchise blogs coming. Maybe we should see what is what, before we start jumping off the cliff.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #42
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

I appreciate the info. It's better than nothing.

I like this part a lot:

Quote:
To fix these issues, we first made the interface a lot easier to use (which we’ll show screenshots of quite soon).
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
I guess I was over-reacting the last three years too, then. Every year it's the same feeling. Everyone is pumped up just to be let down.

What are you talking about, by the way? Presentation has as much to do with franchise as it does on the football field. The only reason you don't think it ties into it is because you haven't seen it the past, what, eternity in Madden football?
Echopax I wholeheartedly understand your frustration, and believe it or not, it is shared among many members of the dev team. You (plus any others that may be disappointed with this blog) have to just come to grips with the fact that it is very early, and we can't give any major features away . It's not a worry of someone stealing our ideas obviously, it's a worry of having enough PR and 'buzz' to make sure the weeks leading up to launch are a big deal. As much as I'd like to release the entire design schedule for our game in January, unfortunately having everyone know everything we're doing makes it really hard to actually market the game to the masses if there's nothing cool released right before it comes out. We want to release this kind of information to tell you all - the hardcore detail fanatics - that we care about these details and that we are addressing them. It's either that or nothing at all...which would you prefer?

Presentation and gameplay are my primary areas of focus, just like Franchise is for Josh and Donny. There's no way for me to know if our vision matches what you want or expect, but I am extremely happy with the plan that we've got moving forward in our respective areas so hopefully that helps you a bit.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 04-06-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

The past is over with. No one can change the past, correct? There is a new person in charge with a new team assembled. If you are waiting for presentation, then you shouldn't show up here until draft time.

It's premature to make any preliminary decisions at this stage. It's only fair to give 10 a fair shake, unless you are short on patience.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Maybe something along the lines of "Sorry we couldn't touch up on the presentation expect information about presentation updates in the future."

We didn't get a word. Not even a letter. Why are they so worried about hinting at new content, are they worried their competitors will mimic their ideas? Oh wait...

Great, so the CPU actually reacts like it should. Wow, great news to read! You mean the CPU will actually do what it is programmed to do and not act completely bonkers like it did for the last 4 years? Damn guys, why didn't you tell me sooner? I would of picked up a few bottles of wine to congratulate the fantastic news!

Hell, having a CPU work properly was an entry barrier in the 1990s. But I'm suppose to get excited because the CPU actually does what it should of done in 2000?

The difference between 2k and Madden is that 2k landed the physics and basics of football in their first few years, then added on top of it with presentation content. Madden is still trying to get the basics down. How the hell am I suppose to get excited about news that the game now plays like an average PS2 game?

Call me crazy. Hell, I might be overreacting a bit early. But, I'm expressing my mind on the matter. Hopefully the devs read this and see that not everyone is hypnotized by their "hey guys, when your QB passes, the ball doesn't go through his hand anymore!" talk. (The sad thing is, the ball probably does still go through the QB's hand, rofl.)

Hey, while I have everyone's attention, hopefully the devs too. How about you make the players actually run realistically, and not like robots designed by the japanese military.

Take what I post as it is. But I'm not letting these guys off the hook this easily. If you do that, then they'll just slack off more. I payed $19.99 (plus tax) in 2004 for a PS2 football game that is far and away superior to a game that costs $59.99 on vastly superior computer systems.

There are no more excuses. Not anymore. I'm tired of it. I bought 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Each year I gave in to the "don't worry, we revolutionized it this year" talk, but not this year.

If the presentation upgrades are not vastly superior to an old generation game that came out five years ago, then I will not be purchasing this game. End of story. I'll forever update the best football game of all time if I have to. (Do I ever need to say it's name?)

End of my rant. I hope some good comes from this post and makes some people realize how dumb some of this "new technology" is. Seriously.
If you think you're the first one to have this sort of rant, you're a bit late buddy.

Second, most if not all of these issues the dev team probably know already and perhaps are even working on it.

It's only April, we have four months until the game comes out. We still have a lot of blogs left that will hopefully cover everyone's questions about the game. Just be patient
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #46
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Okay, this is driving me friggin' bonkers... WHY ARE THE LETTERS PR ALWAYS PRESENTED WITH A DOTTED LINE UNDER THEM ON THIS FORUM?!?!?!?!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-06-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: I said drinking instead of driving for some reason... weird.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #47
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Maybe something along the lines of "Sorry we couldn't touch up on the presentation expect information about presentation updates in the future."

We didn't get a word. Not even a letter. Why are they so worried about hinting at new content, are they worried their competitors will mimic their ideas? Oh wait...

Great, so the CPU actually reacts like it should. Wow, great news to read! You mean the CPU will actually do what it is programmed to do and not act completely bonkers like it did for the last 4 years? Damn guys, why didn't you tell me sooner? I would of picked up a few bottles of wine to congratulate the fantastic news!

Hell, having a CPU work properly was an entry barrier in the 1990s. But I'm suppose to get excited because the CPU actually does what it should of done in 2000?

The difference between 2k and Madden is that 2k landed the physics and basics of football in their first few years, then added on top of it with presentation content. Madden is still trying to get the basics down. How the hell am I suppose to get excited about news that the game now plays like an average PS2 game?

Call me crazy. Hell, I might be overreacting a bit early. But, I'm expressing my mind on the matter. Hopefully the devs read this and see that not everyone is hypnotized by their "hey guys, when your QB passes, the ball doesn't go through his hand anymore!" talk. (The sad thing is, the ball probably does still go through the QB's hand, rofl.)

Hey, while I have everyone's attention, hopefully the devs too. How about you make the players actually run realistically, and not like robots designed by the japanese military.

Take what I post as it is. But I'm not letting these guys off the hook this easily. If you do that, then they'll just slack off more. I payed $19.99 (plus tax) in 2004 for a PS2 football game that is far and away superior to a game that costs $59.99 on vastly superior computer systems.

There are no more excuses. Not anymore. I'm tired of it. I bought 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Each year I gave in to the "don't worry, we revolutionized it this year" talk, but not this year.

If the presentation upgrades are not vastly superior to an old generation game that came out five years ago, then I will not be purchasing this game. End of story. I'll forever update the best football game of all time if I have to. (Do I ever need to say it's name?)

End of my rant. I hope some good comes from this post and makes some people realize how dumb some of this "new technology" is. Seriously.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #48
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHB_8
Just like last year. We got "improvements".

They better add some media type in there where we get stories and all that.

They improved free agency, draft. Waste of a blog.
step away from the computer put the keyboard down. go outside and have some fun in the spring. you will thank me later.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »