Home

So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

This is a discussion on So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #49
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Is it wrong to point out that most of these threads are made by new members...who for some reason or another don't understand that they're not releasing everything right now?

For those that have been here, we know how it's worked in Ian's time here and we know maybe not to expect too much (though all info is obviously appreciated).
Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 46

I have no worries that madden will deliver this year
Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Why is that funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Why are you guys jumping all over the OP?
Why do you keep asking these questions when someone post something negative and then some people try to help the OP out. Granted, some are smart arse, but most of it is trying to help others out.

Is this the negative opinion forum or can't positive opinions be expressed?

Geez, why can't the two co-exist?

People are just telling the OP when the big news comes out.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why do you keep asking these questions when someone post something negative and then some people try to help the OP out. Granted, some are smart arse, but most of it is trying to help others out.

Is this the negative opinion forum or can't positive opinions be expressed?

Geez, why can't the two co-exist?

People are just telling the OP when the big news comes out.
I dont know you tell me.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

IMO, I never got deep enough into the franchise mode to see all of these progression bugs, draft bugs etc that you guys are always complaining about. If I had, they surely would have upset me too. But honestly, every franchise in the next gen was so boring that I don't think I ever got past one full season, if that, in any next gen madden game. This is coming from a guy who literally played thru the max 30 years in old franchises. (My New Jersey Devils, still remember my insanely beastly safety, "Michael Battle")

Anyway, my point is that what is EA going to do to make franchise fun to play? The current franchise demograph is even smaller than the "SIM" demograph, because it has gotten so boring. I need the offseason to be as fun as Head Coach 09', the actual games to play well and not have to deal with "robo QB's" and other AI problems. I also need the season to have a "alive feel" so that certain acheivments, in game moments or certain rivalries feel like a football world. We have been saying it over and over, immersion and presentation are the key to reviving the franchise mode, fixing the problems with the mode so that it actually works are just one piece of the pie.

They basically let us know that we wont get the first part this year, because they have to fix the foundation, and don't have enough time (which makes sense). So my suggestion to all the franchise folks, is to get involoved in good, well-run online leagues. If you can't do that, then Madden 10 may not be for you.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Echopax I wholeheartedly agree with your frustration, and believe it or not, it is shared among many members of the dev team. You (plus any others that may be disappointed with this blog) have to just come to grips with the fact that it is very early, and we can't give any major features away . It's not a worry of someone stealing our ideas obviously, it's a worry of having enough PR and 'buzz' to make sure the weeks leading up to launch are a big deal. As much as I'd like to release the entire design schedule for our game in January, unfortunately having everyone know everything we're doing makes it really hard to actually market the game to the masses if there's nothing cool released right before it comes out. We want to release this kind of information to tell you all - the hardcore detail fanatics - that we care about these details and that we are addressing them. It's either that or nothing at all...which would you prefer?

Presentation and gameplay are my primary areas of focus, just like Franchise is for Josh and Donny. There's no way for me to know if our vision matches what you want or expect, but I am extremely happy with the plan that we've got moving forward in our respective areas so hopefully that helps you a bit.
Firstly, thanks for the reponse.

It's not that I'm disappointed in this blog, as it has noted that certain issues have been fixed that definitely needed tending to, it's just that this blog has somewhat sparked some deja-vu with past years, particularly 09. To be honest, after playing the 09 demo I thought 09 was the Madden game we were all waiting for.

Then we were let down. I guess I'm still waiting not to be let down. This is the first year that I've kind of thought about the game on a more realistic standpoint than as a fan, like I did in years past, which has definitely triggered some frustration.

But, hey, it's good to see one of the developers has read my opinion. I can't ask much more than that. I hope I'm contributing in some way shape or form to you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Okay, this is driving me friggin' bonkers... WHY ARE THE LETTERS PR ALWAYS PRESENTED WITH A DOTTED LINE UNDER THEM ON THIS FORUM?!?!?!?!
i would also like to know this
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »