Home

So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

This is a discussion on So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #65
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: May 2003
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

It's extremely simple:

A) Don't read the blogs.
B) Don't buy the game.

It's obvious you will be much happier if you do these two simple things....seriously.

For someone like me that realizes the world does not rise and fall with April blogs of a video game, I will join in the anticipation of an entertaining football game and appreciate the time it takes for the developers to clue us in (voluntarily) on what they're doing with the game 5 months in advance.
davep is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #66
Banned
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas
Blog Entries: 1
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I counted 5 posts that were over the line, IMO. A lot of the posters were trying to tell the OP the bigger stuff, including myself, won't be announced till draft time or later. Did you consider that as well?

Maybe that's 5 too many, but is it better than anywhere else?

Plus, wouldn't you agree that it's a bit premature to write off 10 when it hasn't hit store shelves , yet? I'm not considering past Maddens into the picture. Nothing you can do to change that. Someone new is in charge with a new team. I feel that should bring more merit(plus the interaction) than bringing up the past.
Its not just this thread its all over the Madden forum and your right, im not Writing off Madden 10, im pretty excited about it.
Derrville is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #67
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,575
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Helping out is one thing but totally destroying a guy for being scared this game might turn out to be crap too is another and thats what this forum has turned into. Say something bad about Madden, you get flamed, laughed at, and ridiculed. Its getting ridiculous.
But by the same token I have seen people say good things about Madden that get flamed, laughed at, and ridiculed.

The problem is there are a majority of people (on both sides) who seem to forget that it is OKAY to have conflicting opinions.
kehlis is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #68
MVP
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Blog Entries: 15
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
But by the same token I have seen people say good things about Madden that get flamed, laughed at, and ridiculed.

The problem is there are a majority of people (on both sides) who seem to forget that it is OKAY to have conflicting opinions.
Whoa ...slow down partner...We don't want too many people to form their own opinions around here.
__________________
Because I can!
thudias is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #69
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
It's extremely simple:

A) Don't read the blogs.
B) Don't buy the game.

It's obvious you will be much happier if you do these two simple things....seriously.

For someone like me that realizes the world does not rise and fall with April blogs of a video game, I will join in the anticipation of an entertaining football game and appreciate the time it takes for the developers to clue us in (voluntarily) on what they're doing with the game 5 months in advance.
Or we can speak our opinions, make the developers realize that they have more things to correct, and therefore ultimately have a better Madden NFL 10 ship out to stores.

You don't need to follow these guys like sheep. I respect that they are speaking to us and allowing us to give their input, but that does not give them a free pass to sell us a $59.99 patch.

I'd be worried more about the people who say they are already going to pre-order, if I were you. The people complaining are fans, and we're frustrated because we know what this game is capable of, and we can see that the game won't live up to what it should.

You just have to look at the different side of it. We're not bashing it to bash it, we're bashing it so the developers produce a better product.

Food for thought. Which consumer does a company react to more cautiously... The consumer who hangs flags and banners of the company in their front lawn? Or the consumer who gives them hell because the product isn't living up to it's standards?

I'll let you decide. =)

Last edited by Echopax; 04-06-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Echopax is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #70
C*t*z*n *f RSN
 
K_GUN's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dantooine
Posts: 3,819
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax

There are no more excuses. Not anymore. I'm tired of it. I bought 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Each year I gave in to the "don't worry, we revolutionized it this year" talk, but not this year.
this, right here ,pretty much invalidates this post




if you don't like split-pea soup yet keep ordering it (despite what the chef tells you)...at some point i think YOU the customer forfeit's the right to complain about it....yes?


rant over


(ps....former 2k fanboy here)
__________________
Bummed that you're not on my ignore list yet?.....Don't worry, I'm sure you will be very soon.

Last edited by K_GUN; 04-06-2009 at 08:00 PM.
K_GUN is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #71
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,687
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Or we can speak our opinions, make the developers realize that they have more things to correct, and therefore ultimately have a better Madden NFL 10 ship out to stores.

You don't need to follow these guys like sheep. I respect that they are speaking to us and allowing us to give their input, but that does not give them a free pass to sell us a $59.99 patch.

I'd be worried more about the people who say they are already going to pre-order, if I were you. The people complaining are fans, and we're frustrated because we know what this game is capable of, and we can see that the game won't live up to what it should.

You just have to look at the different side of it. We're not bashing it to bash it, we're bashing it so the developers produce a better product.

Food for thought. Which consumer does a company react to more cautiously... The consumer who hangs flags and banners of the company in their front lawn? Or the consumer who gives them hell because the product isn't living up to it's standards?

I'll let you decide. =)
Let me ask you this----

Isn't difficult, to whine, complain and stomp your feet(because the customer is always right) if the information you are looking for isn't released yet?

Seriously, what is there enough to complain about?

I see your point , but all the ideas for 10 have already been implemented.
roadman is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #72
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let me ask you this----

Isn't difficult, to whine, complain and stomp your feet(because the customer is always right) if the information you are looking for isn't released yet?

Seriously, what is there enough to complain about?

I see your point , but all the ideas for 10 have already been implemented.
I agree that my consumer example wasn't the best fitted, given the whole feet stamping consumer genre, etc.

I'm not complaining to complain, I'm pointing out problems I have with the product, which will hopefully help them make a better product.

It's what customer feedback is for.
Echopax is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Top -