Home

Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

This is a discussion on Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

Good points...only thing I don't want is only 15 years of Franchise.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Bad idea if the drafts are not randomized.

Using pre-created rookies may also limit the longevity of franchise mode because the developers can only handcraft & personalize a finite number of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
I never played HC so I don't know exactly what he's saying but I have a pretty good indication.

I don't want to be able to go to gamefaqs and see a cheat thread showing all the overalls/busts/diamonds for the entire Madden franchise mode.

Someone please tell me it won't be that bad.
That's what happend with HeadCoach'09. If they do not randomize the drafts then when you come to this forum in August you're going to know exactly who the diamonds in the draft are (thanks to everyone posting about them).
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 04-06-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Good points...only thing I don't want is only 15 years of Franchise.
Hey look this RB is like Derrick Ward..wait so is this one! wait a sec...42 RBs are like Derrick Ward in the same draft...HC flashbacks sorry. Its a love hate relationship.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #20
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

I have to say, the more I think about it, I'm not going to buy this year's madden if the draft classes aren't randomized. I just called my buddy and told him and his response is "well, that saves me 60 dollars , lol." I play Madden for the franchise mode so this is a total deal killer for me. I wish they saved this info for later as this kills my drive to even look at future blog entries. Oh well.

Last edited by kwpit79; 04-06-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #21
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I really dread a sub forum or gam FAQs that tells you who is good and who isn't. I know that if there were I WOULD go in it and CTRL+F and type in any given player's name on my draft board and see where they were ranked online. "oh, tinny Tim here is a bust but Joe Blow is goign to be an all-star."

Something I really liked about the random playes and no potential rattign was that you had a base rookie, but if he didn't perform, he didn't perform. if he did well, he became a start liek real life. I do NOT like the idea of pre-assigned diamonds in the ruff. Do you think Brady would have been a gem if he were drafted by SF or Detroit? good coahing anda good team are as important in a players success. Big Ben is one of the reasons the Steelers are successfull, but so is that D. without Big Ben Pitt wouldn't have won 2 titles, but with outthat super D he wouldn't be an all-star. this is a team sport and having the game determine in advance who is going to be good sounds stupid to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Again to reiterate I enjoyed the blog alot but I am a little worried about this whole pre-made rookies thing.

I'm curious what Donny, Ian, Josh's takes are on this?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love the pre-created rookies, seems to give them more of a personality. I never had a problem with getting the same draft classes over and over in head coach so I don't think I'll have a problem here. I hope they don't give players stupid names like in head coach. In head coach, I didn't even need to scout someone with a name of leron james, because I knew he was going to be good just from the name. I play Madden for the franchise mode and the blog today made this a must buy for me now. I'm very encouraged.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacklunch
I love the pre-created rookies, seems to give them more of a personality. I never had a problem with getting the same draft classes over and over in head coach so I don't think I'll have a problem here. I hope they don't give players stupid names like in head coach. In head coach, I didn't even need to scout someone with a name of leron james, because I knew he was going to be good just from the name. I play Madden for the franchise mode and the blog today made this a must buy for me now. I'm very encouraged.
The best way I can state about HCs darft classes is this...

I would go over to a friends house and we would start a co-owned team together on HC making all the draft choices together and play calling the offense and defence. Well, I go home afterwards and I put in HC wantign to play more. I make a another one and play a couple of seasons and realize hey I want a different playbook cz im tired of this. I start another. Thats three drafts right there...Now Imagine I have 10 friends that I do a co-owned team together...See where this is leading. With only 4 draft classes for 15 years there was countless repeats and it was so hard not to cheat because I already knew the busts and the gems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »