Home

Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

This is a discussion on Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

I like it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

2 easy fixes - randomize names, and randomize the potential rating.

Come on EA, don't fall into the same old traps as before, implementing features with little to no replay value when a fix is easy.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I have to say, the more I think about it, I'm not going to buy this year's madden if the draft classes aren't randomized. I just called my buddy and told him and his response is "well, that saves me 60 dollars , lol." I play Madden for the franchise mode so this is a total deal killer for me. I wish they saved this info for later as this kills my drive to even look at future blog entries. Oh well.
They wont miss your money, so Im not sure why you felt the need to tell us this.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

First off, 95% of the names in Head Coach are randomized. Only the big players in each class are set in stone, and that's only for the presentation aspects of it (so announcers can address them by name). Maybe 10 players per draft... out of close to 300 guys.

I'm presuming (again, speculation) we'll see a lot less pregenerated with set-in-stone names in Madden. A few... probably just the big names from HC to give HC players a tickle. LaRon James, Jack English, that sort. I expect the rest will have randomized names so you don't know.

Secondly, even in Head Coach, the "common knowledge" players are all first-year guys. You'd be really hard pressed to find any decent info on players after year 2.

Madden Franchise goes 30 years... how many of you, seriously, honestly,(and I'm sure there are a couple, but not that many) have ever actually gotten through a full 30 year franchise, much less two?

Personally, I greatly prefer the pregenerated drafts because the random ones were always crap, for one thing. These will be balanced because they'll have a human mind behind them. Secondly, it's easier to program the computer to make intelligent picks if the programmer is working in a controlled environment. I can almost guarantee that, even if the NCAA Draft class adjustment logic is perfect, the drafts will be more interesting with pregenerated players.

This is my preference. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. But I am asking you to consider both sides. There are pluses and minuses to both. Personally, I think the pluses for a hand-made draft outweight the minuses.

I do wish they'd permitted either. I plan on using NCAA classes for my first four years and switch to the dev-created draft classes.

You know what would be cool? An application that allowed people to create their own draft classes and put them in the EA locker.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You know what would be cool? An application that allowed people to create their own draft classes and put them in the EA locker.
DING DING DING DING DING!

Never gonna happen, though.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #30
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
The best way I can state about HCs darft classes is this...

I would go over to a friends house and we would start a co-owned team together on HC making all the draft choices together and play calling the offense and defence. Well, I go home afterwards and I put in HC wantign to play more. I make a another one and play a couple of seasons and realize hey I want a different playbook cz im tired of this. I start another. Thats three drafts right there...Now Imagine I have 10 friends that I do a co-owned team together...See where this is leading. With only 4 draft classes for 15 years there was countless repeats and it was so hard not to cheat because I already knew the busts and the gems.
I understand that argument, that's why I advocate far fewer locked in names. The only guys I think they should lock names for are people who are reappearing from HC for the sake of the cool factor of finally being able to take control of Jack English. Otherwise, I think the name and potential rating should be random.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I understand that argument, that's why I advocate far fewer locked in names. The only guys I think they should lock names for are people who are reappearing from HC for the sake of the cool factor of finally being able to take control of Jack English. Otherwise, I think the name and potential rating should be random.
That would be the only way I would be ok with pre-created rookies but honestly doesnt that sound like a random draft class with HC players added in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
I don't think I'd ever pass on a guy named Johnny Allstar...
lol I think we can all agree on that....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »