Home

It's freakin' April!

This is a discussion on It's freakin' April! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
It's freakin' April!

From Ian's twitter:

Quote:
There are some unbelievable people on OS. Either we talk about small stuff or nothing, yet 2 guys say they won't buy the game now. LOL

Rest assured franchise has plenty of new stuff...we aren't going to "just tune it" all year.
Really... you guys should know how all of this works by now. No big feature announcements until after the draft. Ian explained this before he even started doing the blogs and yet so many still do not understand the concept. Like really... if they announced everything now, how would the PR team hype the game a month or so before it's release? They even said that more news about franchise was coming and yet some of you guys just seemed to ignore that sentence.

This along with the hatred there was since the blog was put up kinda late shows how ungrateful some of you guys are. It's as if you guys would rather have them work on blogs rather than work on the game itself. It's crazy.

Alright... end of rant lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: It's freakin' April!

April 6th to be exact.

So what. If people want to complain this early let them. They are a small minority and aren't messing with the overall Madden lovefest here.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Never fails man, I try once or twice (depending on the user) to explain the situation and if they still don't get it I read over em.

Simple as that, if they don't want the like the info, they can wait a month.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

that, and this is exactally the kind of info us hard core fans have been dieing to read about since january and we found out Ian was going to do these blogs in the first place.

Each blog so far has adressed a different issue and a different crowed in some way. From towels, to animations, to stats, to franchise mode I give Ian and his team an A+ so far. Just wait till 8-14-09. Our local store in the past years has opened a copy to demo in the store [under lock and key] prior to the midnight release that evening. When i get a chance to demo it I will no doubt start a genaric franchis and jsut sim the $hit out of it to see what it looks like untill my time is up. I'll leave the game play stuff to others and watch them play it.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

Is this an April fools?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Also, I find it funny how Ian takes the critics.

- Hey, Ian, the internet is filled with F***wads. Get used to it. We have. This is how we feel playign aginst cheesers online, except you can't ignore them when you are in a ranked game. you have to sit though that hour long fiasco. Also, I don't really blame a lot of people for being so upset and overly critical. EA has made a ton of terrible Madden games year after year and many people are new and don't have much of a reason to trust you or your team untill you guys prove this is more than just lip service. Remember, fair or not, it's your job to prove us wrong this year. EA has donea good enough job turning core fans away. It's your duty to bring them [us?] back.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

There's just as many threads defending the fact that "it's only April"...you guys are over-reacting JUST as much as the people disappointed. People have high expectations and the blog wasn't that great, big deal? Live and let live. I post at a few forums and this is by far the most ridiculous one I've ever been to. The people that are pessimistic usually have a reason to be, whereas the fanboys wet their pants from a twitter update that says nothing. Everyone needs to take a break from the blogs and twitters and go play some ****ing Super Smash Bros. My god.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

The people who complain about the haters/skeptics are just as bad if not worse than the haters themselves.

Everyone needs to stop.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »