Home

Idea about Create-A-Team Franchises.

This is a discussion on Idea about Create-A-Team Franchises. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Idea about Create-A-Team Franchises.

I was in the middle of typing a PM to Ian about a rather annoying Create-A-Team issue. And when I spoke of a problem about doing Franchises with Created Teams, I thought of this idea.

How about when you import a Create-A-Team into Franchise, before the Fantasy Draft (if you choose this way) you create a Head Coach for the team (or choose from available coaches) and allow the player to give him custom ratings (pool limit)? That could help determine the way they draft their team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: Idea about Create-A-Team Franchises.

I love the create-a-team but man...they need to give me enough options to make a full "alternative" league.

I was all about a full league of created teams and their up's and down's on the old Xbox. And I've missed that,greatly.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

I've never done more than 2 Created Teams in 1 Franchise. Me and my friend used to create a team then do a franchise with them.

But the way EA has the current setup for Create-A-Team is relatively annoying. I love the whole aspect of creating a uniform and stadium. But the rest of the stuff (especially when choosing the fantasy roster) is very annoying.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try setting up a fantasy draft for a franchise with a create-a-team. Royal pain. You have to create your team, set up the team's roster using the weird fantasy selection interface (where you couldn't sort by team, of course), doing your best to duplicate a roster for whatever team you want to replace in the league precisely, running into limits when it says you can't select a 4th RB or some such until you've selected all your D-linemen or some such, then discovering that there's a hard cap to the fantasy C-A-T roster that's smaller than the team's actual roster. All so you can enter fantasy draft, replace your least favorite team, and select players in a big long draft. Absolutely ridiculous.

Only cool side effect was the ability to delete or clone players. Say you wanted two copies of Champ Bailey because you and your roommate argue over who gets him...well, add him to you C-A-T and replace the Cowboys or something, "forgetting" to add T.O. to your team's roster. Suddenly there are two Champ Baileys out there, getting it done, and the NFL has nothing more to do with T.O.

Although it's way less funny when it happens by accident. My roommate once cloned some low-rated lineman and removed another just because their names were so similar and he selected the wrong one.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico
Try setting up a fantasy draft for a franchise with a create-a-team. Royal pain. You have to create your team, set up the team's roster using the weird fantasy selection interface (where you couldn't sort by team, of course), doing your best to duplicate a roster for whatever team you want to replace in the league precisely, running into limits when it says you can't select a 4th RB or some such until you've selected all your D-linemen or some such, then discovering that there's a hard cap to the fantasy C-A-T roster that's smaller than the team's actual roster. All so you can enter fantasy draft, replace your least favorite team, and select players in a big long draft. Absolutely ridiculous.

Only cool side effect was the ability to delete or clone players. Say you wanted two copies of Champ Bailey because you and your roommate argue over who gets him...well, add him to you C-A-T and replace the Cowboys or something, "forgetting" to add T.O. to your team's roster. Suddenly there are two Champ Baileys out there, getting it done, and the NFL has nothing more to do with T.O.

Although it's way less funny when it happens by accident. My roommate once cloned some low-rated lineman and removed another just because their names were so similar and he selected the wrong one.
That's pretty much exactly what I PMed Ian. If he read it or not, is beyond me. I really hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »