Home
View Poll Results: random rookies should be a option to use in franchise mode
I agree 17 58.62%
I disagree 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: petition for random created rookies

If I get bored with Created rookies, then Ill just be importing from NCAA.

All good for me. Now both draft classes will have a story.
Exonerated is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #10
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
random created rookies should be a OPTION to choose in franchise mode if you do not want pre-created rookies. i think this is a good option and should be implemented if you beileve so as well answer the poll and sign your name.
No it shouldn't be option based... Because first of all they already have it in place and second they may have some draft updates like HC had and that could mess everything up.
DTown is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 AM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

options are always a good thing. If they do find that hey the public wants random rookies and they choose to put it into the game then I hope they do a complete overhall and revamp how the system works. I know its a lot of complex math and algorithms but it is possible to do.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #12
Pro
 
brza37's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

If you haven't played HC 09 you probably don't understand but there will be thousands and thousands of created rookies. They will also appear in different orders (HC had around 5 different draft paths) so the probability that you will encounter the same draft class is pretty slim unless you play through about 50 years of franchise. If you somehow manage that you can still import draft classes from NCAA which will are easy to find for free online as soon as that game comes out.
Created rookies is a huge addition and actually allows for a background story throughout the season. In HC you got a report from Adam Schefter NFL Network every month about whats going on in college and also draft commentary for at least the first day. I just hope that part of it makes it over to Madden too.
__________________

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
brza37 is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #13
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
If you haven't played HC 09 you probably don't understand but there will be thousands and thousands of created rookies. They will also appear in different orders (HC had around 5 different draft paths) so the probability that you will encounter the same draft class is pretty slim unless you play through about 50 years of franchise. If you somehow manage that you can still import draft classes from NCAA which will are easy to find for free online as soon as that game comes out.
Created rookies is a huge addition and actually allows for a background story throughout the season. In HC you got a report from Adam Schefter NFL Network every month about whats going on in college and also draft commentary for at least the first day. I just hope that part of it makes it over to Madden too.
Actually head coach had 4 paths. Within each one all the drafts were in the same order so if you start over 5 times you will see the same path at least once and within a path all classes are pretty much the same. Some names are random but other than that the same.

My only major problem with the head coach classes though was scouting was too easy so beyond knowing the names even random players you could easily pick the good players.
kcarr is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
If you haven't played HC 09 you probably don't understand but there will be thousands and thousands of created rookies. They will also appear in different orders (HC had around 5 different draft paths) so the probability that you will encounter the same draft class is pretty slim unless you play through about 50 years of franchise. If you somehow manage that you can still import draft classes from NCAA which will are easy to find for free online as soon as that game comes out.
Created rookies is a huge addition and actually allows for a background story throughout the season. In HC you got a report from Adam Schefter NFL Network every month about whats going on in college and also draft commentary for at least the first day. I just hope that part of it makes it over to Madden too.
HC had 4 draft classes that only let you play 15 years before restarting(they forced you to stop playing because the draft class ended so by year 15 you could draft busts all draft long it wouldnt matter). That being said you only have a total of 60 different classes. That would be great if they werent pre-determined on how they would come out. Because if you want to start up several franchises then you will run into the same draft classes over and over until you get passed where you last played which kills a game for me.

Another HUGE problem with HC was the clones. I am 100% positive that they did not do every single player for every draft. Reason being? Because if you looked closer at the draft classes and all the players that came out of it. Alot of the lower end talent were clones of each other. I could literally draft two of teh exact same player only differece between them would be their name and where they played football. They had the same heigh, weight, and stats. If they can make upwards to 20,000-30,000 different rookies and randomize how they are put into the draft and randomize their names then maybe it wont be so bad but do you really think they can make that many players hand crafted and put it into the game?

It seems like its way to much more work then just making a "random" generator of players that properly implements players.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #15
Pro
 
brza37's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
HC had 4 draft classes that only let you play 15 years before restarting(they forced you to stop playing because the draft class ended so by year 15 you could draft busts all draft long it wouldnt matter). That being said you only have a total of 60 different classes. That would be great if they werent pre-determined on how they would come out. Because if you want to start up several franchises then you will run into the same draft classes over and over until you get passed where you last played which kills a game for me.
I know you could only go through 15 years in HC before having to restart. Thats enough for me anyway though.
When I said "around 50 franchises" I was referring to the 60 draft classes that were available. Which I think is also plenty. You're right about the fact that you'd see the same guys in the same order though but that should be easy to fix if instead of just having 4 paths where the draft classes always go in the same order they could either:
a) randomize the order of the draft classes in each path or
b) make the draft class order from 1-60 set in stone however let the user choose which draft class he'd like to start with. That way if I've already played through classes 1-15 I can start my next chise at 16 and keep right on going.
__________________

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
brza37 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 05:04 AM   #16
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I know you could only go through 15 years in HC before having to restart. Thats enough for me anyway though.
When I said "around 50 franchises" I was referring to the 60 draft classes that were available. Which I think is also plenty. You're right about the fact that you'd see the same guys in the same order though but that should be easy to fix if instead of just having 4 paths where the draft classes always go in the same order they could either:
a) randomize the order of the draft classes in each path or
b) make the draft class order from 1-60 set in stone however let the user choose which draft class he'd like to start with. That way if I've already played through classes 1-15 I can start my next chise at 16 and keep right on going.
this still doesnt stop the problem of their being spoilers in a sports game...Look the draft with Joe Smith as the best player has this sleeper here and this bust here...That is the future of the OS under this pre-made system.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Top -