Home

What IS wrong with Franchise's Presentation

This is a discussion on What IS wrong with Franchise's Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #17
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: What IS wrong with Franchise's Presentation

Confetti is an absolute must post superbowl.

Crowds should be EXTREMELY loud in the playoffs.

Superbowl crowd should be loud but not as loud as the playoffs since its not a one sided fan affair.

I'd like to see the nfc and afc championships awarded as well.

NFL Kickoff and NFL Playoff logos on the field for their representative games.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

There is a reason for these things as well...

Stadium Atmosphere Matters
... In the playoffs this should be notched up as well.
  • Dawg Pound
  • The Black Hole
  • The Terrible Towels
  • The Twelfth Man....
NFL Draft
  • This has been covered at length
Weekly Recaps
  • In 09 did you ever know what the playoff race was like in other divisions or even the other conference?
  • Brady Quinn passed for 634 yards and 7 TDs - but it isn't big news. Neither is ANYTHING else going on in your Franchise.
  • Did you sign a new Free Agent in the pre-season? Did you lose a key player in pre-season?
BOTTOM LINE -

Presentation needs to MAKE EVERYTHING MATTER!!!!

• Terrel Owens got released
  • Jay Cutler was traded
  • Kellen Winslow was traded
These things are HUGE... They should be HUGE in Franchise Mode.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

Superbowl crowd should be loud but not as loud as the playoffs since its not a one sided fan affair.

NFL Kickoff and NFL Playoff logos on the field for their representative games
I think those are in, due to swapping things
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's a couple things I think could help.

Superbowl specific cutscenes between plays. Have enough of them to not repeat, and have them be intense enough and grandiose enough to convey the gravity of the game.

Some kind of weekly wrap up. Either ESPN/EASports radio, or a highlight show, or just a newspaper deal like on previous gen. Something to tell a story about the week.

Free agency could be fixed by really better utilizing the player interests that are already in place. Use something similar to the NCAA recruiting system, but not season long. Have each team have a rating in each category of the player's interests and have the ability to craft contracts to match team/player needs.

The draft is already looking up greatly based on what they've said about scouting and the premade classes.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

NFL Kickoff and NFL Playoff logos on the field for their representative games.
That is an excellent point. Playoff crowds are louder than Superbowl crowds. But there should be way more camera flashes for the superbowl. Maybe even play a few fake superbowl commercials on the jumbotron during a timeout. Hehe, that really I could do without but it might be kinda funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 19

I just read some great responses. I'm going to quote the ones that are broken up into my OP.

Hopefully it's something the guys at EA will look at.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I know this isn't really franchise related. But MLB 2k9 has great presentation and one small thing I personally like is the fake commercial break. The The commentators talk and then say bye, screen goes black, then comes back to the game and the commentator is like , "Welcome back, its a nice Sunday night tonight isn't it Collinsowrth?"

― Plato
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm going to be lazy and copy another post made on another forum by a different user who I thought had some great ideas. You can read the whole thing here:

http://www.operationsports.com/mm/sh...d.php?t=196869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxhoad Mxaster
1. EA Dev team, could you please incorporate some things into Madden 10 that were in past Madden games such as players losing their helmets. This could happen when a monsterous hit is layed on a player, or when a really nasty face mask occurs.

2. Also the grass has been lacking for years. I've played the FIFA games & their grass is terrific. Perhaps we will actually see 3D esque grass & not this flat-grass that has plagued video game football since it's creation. Why does FIFA (a soccer game) have better grass than Madden (EA's flagship title)?

3. Also I'm really hoping to see ESPN like presentation. Hundreds of different angles, numerous side-line cutscenes that reflect what is happening on the field (players giving high fives, players throwing their helmets off in disgust, players with their heads down in shame, coaches rallying the troops and being hard on players for mishaps, etc) during gameplay, player interviews during the half & after the game & an actual TV style half-time show ala' 2K5.
During season mode it would also be nice if players had the option to veiw the plays Top 10 plays of the week, month, year, etc also ala' 2K5.

4. Also I would love for the commentary to reflect what actually happens on the field *as it happens* & it would also be nice if the commentators got excited about big time events (huge hit/sack, 30+ yard TD run/pass). 09's commentary sounded like two guys reading from a piece of paper. Perhaps you should suggest to them to act & pretend that they are excited to be there, lol, serioulsy though.

5. Implementation of the XBL Vision Camera so players can finally "Be In the Game!"

Just a few MUST Have option & features
EA include these things above & start putting on people's faces again
-Thanks
Great ideas here. I love these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »