Home

Procedural Awareness & the QB; how should it be handled ?

This is a discussion on Procedural Awareness & the QB; how should it be handled ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How should PA and the QB be handled ?
Double tap with the vision cone 10 32.26%
Double tap with highlighted enlarged pulsating passing icons 10 32.26%
other (please explain) 4 12.90%
Nothing at all, I make the decisions who cares where the QB is looking ? 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #41
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Procedural Awareness & the QB; how should it be handled ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I got it...and I give it a
Thank you

IAN PLEASE ADD THIS IN!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
You guys don't get my idea, it really is not hard.

HOLD L TRIGGER.

PRESS LEFT OR RIGHT ON LEFT ANALOG STICK.

That is it. Simple as that.

By doing that the QB will shift his focus to the left to the right or down the middle if you press up.

LET GO OF LEFT TRIGGER.

Then you can scramble all you want. It isn't complicated, it isn't hard to let go of a button and press R Trigger and sprint out of the pocket.
Ah ok, that's better, but we need some type of indicator to tell us which direction the QB is looking in.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #43
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Thank you

IAN PLEASE ADD THIS IN!!!
it won't be in Madden 10, I'm pretty sure they're too far into the game's development
Old 04-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #44
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
it won't be in Madden 10, I'm pretty sure they're too far into the game's development
Yea i know
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
[...]
As a defender I'd like to know where he is looking....
Look at where his head is facing. If he's looking to the right and there is a deep route and a shallow route, and you're using the free safety, what's going on in the flat isn't going to interest you all that much.

==========

Quote:
You guys don't get my idea, it really is not hard.

HOLD L TRIGGER.

PRESS LEFT OR RIGHT ON LEFT ANALOG STICK.

That is it. Simple as that.

By doing that the QB will shift his focus to the left to the right or down the middle if you press up.

[...]
What is the right analog stick used for when you are passing?

If it isn't used for anything of use, WHY hold the left trigger AT ALL?

Why not just use the right analog stick and nothing else? (i.e. make it even more simple?)

Last edited by 94niners; 04-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Without sounding blunt or trying to speak for EA/Tiburon, I feel the pro-QB Vision/Double Tap/QB Cam crowd are holding on to false hope. Cummings said several months ago that there weren't going to be any plans to change the passing game and I support that vision.

What I liked about QB Vision was the QB moving his head according to his targets, though it didn't look great in past Maddens. If procedural awareness can capture that aspect of the game on its own, then I'm good without vision or double tapping.
What you don't seem to realize is that PA changes the passing game; PA requires players to see something before they react to it. That means that the QB has to look at a receiver before throwing him the ball; in order for that to work, something has to indicate to the user where the QB is looking. The user also needs to have control of which receiver the QB is looks at.

The vision cone, pulsating passing icons, the double tap systems or something comparable is required for PA to work.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
Look at where his head is facing. If he's looking to the right and there is a deep route and a shallow route, and you're using the free safety, what's going on in the flat isn't going to interest you all that much.
With the camera angles we use that's not very realistic... if I'm paying attention to the routes on the screen I can't sit there and focus on the QBs head. If I had a POV behind the safety looking towards the LOS then it would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
What is the right analog stick used for when you are passing?

If it isn't used for anything of use, WHY hold the left trigger AT ALL?

Why not just use the right analog stick and nothing else? (i.e. make it even more simple?)
I like the two button combo better to lock the vision... because with just an analog you don't really know if you've turned your head enough.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #48
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
What you don't seem to realize is that PA changes the passing game; PA requires players to see something before they react to it. That means that the QB has to look at a receiver before throwing him the ball; in order for that to work, something has to indicate to the user where the QB is looking. The user also needs to have control of which receiver the QB is looks at.

The vision cone, pulsating passing icons, the double tap systems or something comparable is required for PA to work.
I believe PA changes the passing game, but not in the manner that you'd probably like to see. See, you're hung up on the notion that the user has to control where the QB is looking in order for PA to work. I don't see it that way.

I don't anticipate having control of where the QB's head is looking. I expect for the QB to appear to make his reads automatically (head moving from target to target) and as you select who you want to pass it to, the QB will adjust naturally on his own and pass the ball. In other words, it'll be a beautiful cosmetic as opposed to introducing some new user control or innovative way of passing the ball. That's just my opinion though.

People have taken PA as an opening for some new way of passing the ball and looking off safeties when really that's just unfounded speculation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »