Home

Monday Football in Madden

This is a discussion on Monday Football in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Monday Football in Madden

"Oh look, it's a night game."

That's pretty much it in madden, in terms of Monday Night (not to mention sunday night) football ACTION. And really, the only way to differentiate between if it's sunday night or monday night is by looking at the specific time on the schedule in franchise.

That's pretty weak and the definitely a significant part of the "sim" pie that's absent.

Monday night football is the regular season's biggest stage. It's where unbelievable moments and craziness happen season after season. Examples this year include the texans (andre johnson and steve slaton went bonkers and showed this little expansion team is going to be a force to come), Brett Favre (pretty much all monday night games of his), TO busting out the sharpie.

The crowd is always at capacity and everyone is pumped from the start of the first kickoff (even before the game, remember warren sapp and the former packers coach getting into it during warmups? or those players getting kicked out of the game for fighting before it even started). I could keep going on listing hundreds of things that make monday night football, but I won't. I just want monday night football to feel "bigger" in madden. To feel "special."

As a fan, it hurts to see a season go by without a monday night slate. When your team finally does get one, you know they're going to play hard.

But in madden it's a night game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Monday Football in Madden

I agree. Being that MNF is now part of ESPN, and EA has a strangle hold on that license there is no reason we shouldn't be getting some sort of special broadcast for MNF games. MNF games should feel different than Sunday afternoon games, Playoff games should feel different than regular season games and the Superbowl should feel like the damn Superbowl. I do know of this one game, that came out like 5 yrs ago that had the Superbowl feel alot like the Superbowl, it was pretty damn cool.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

And both of you are right, I just don't think we will see it this year.. I would LOVE for primetime games to feature realistic differences from one another but we keep getting stuck with this horrible futuristic: "EA SPORTS SHOW" crap. Damn EA we know you made the game but let up on the shoving it down our throat...

EA Stat tracker
EA Game break
EA Rewind
EA Halftime show
EA This
EA That

Blah.. how bout using that ESPN license and giving us some immersion and actually making each game (sunday/monday) feel different.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Monday night is not what it used to be...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I couldn't agree more and I would bet all of us here feel the same way. Hopefully this is one of the improvements made to the presentations aspect of 10. Here is to hoping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 19

I disagree with a Monday night being a "bigger game"...every game is important. It would be cool if they did more presentation for it, but evry game is important
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Actually Sunday Night is the big game of the week now. MNF usually ends up being the worst matchup.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes6812
Actually Sunday Night is the big game of the week now. MNF usually ends up being the worst matchup.
QFT..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »