Home

Ian and Phil are dead to me.

This is a discussion on Ian and Phil are dead to me. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 23
Re: Ian and Phil are dead to me.

At least Drew Brees probably won't be on the cover.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #34
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

As long as it isn't Drew Brees I'm cool.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

I thought the madden curse was caused from the game being pure evil. year after year after year millions of people are hyped to get madden cause the commercials and paid off review magazines say the game is going to be "the best football game ever" and the game turns out to be pure crap. bad bugs,horrible arcade gameplay,and crappy modes. and EA's tycoons make loads of cash off of hard working,football loving, americans.
EA is evil Madden is evil and the voodoo wont stop untill madden releases a "football simulation game" that is finally better then nfl2k5. the game they put out of buisness because they knew there games sucked soo they went sneaky and bought out the liscense this is VERY COWARDLY.

untill then the players on the cover will be hurt,have a horrible season,fail to make the playoffs,or the best player on the team gets hurt.
if madden 10 actaully makes a game better then 2k5 i can guarantee that the cover players will not be hurt,have a bad season,miss the playoffs, ETC

but i dont think you can take madden 09 and make it a good simulation but will see... if not then
i feel bad for both steelers and cardnals fans.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Put a helmet from every single AFC team on the cover... minus the Jags
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Isn't the Madden curse broken ? Brett Farve was on the cover and he played the entire season if I'm not mistaken.
"While playing with what is described as a partial tear of the biceps tendon, Favre contributed to the late-season Jets collapse with nine interceptions and only two touchdown passes in the final five games."

----Ed Werder
(Article Here)

he was hurt at the end of the season in which led to there collapse to fall out the playoffs

this was a rough title to a thread but i understand you must be a die hard fan.......just keep the titles in the future more tolerable
Old 04-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #38
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
but far too many people take it serious. Just disgusting.
Being on the cover doesn't cause the player to play bad, Madden exec's just know who's gonna have a bad year after a really great year. They've been doing it for nearly ten years and have never missed a beat.

Most of the the cover athletes had made the pro bowl the year before, none made it the year after. Even quite a few have had their careers derailed afterwards.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #39
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
but far too many people take it serious. Just disgusting.
Being on the cover doesn't cause the player to play bad, Madden exec's just know who's gonna have a bad year after a really great year. They've been doing it for nearly ten years and have never missed a beat.

Most of the the cover athletes had made the pro bowl the year before, none (except Favre) made it the year after. Even quite a few have had their careers derailed afterwards.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: The Guys That Cannot Be Named are dead to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
LINK

You not only go after my favorite team, but my favorite player (possibly ever) in the prime of his career as well? You guys disgust me.
Not really a wise choice for a thread title if you ask me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »