Home

How feasible do you guys think taking reps with rookies pre-draft is?

This is a discussion on How feasible do you guys think taking reps with rookies pre-draft is? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
How feasible do you guys think taking reps with rookies pre-draft is?

By this i mean, at pro days, combine and private workouts would it be feasible to take control of the rookie we're scouting and take reps with him??

ie.
Mark Sanchez-

Combine:

Throw the ball with him;
Do the 40 yard dash etc...

(obviously different positions require different drills)

To get a feel or what a multi-millions $ investment actually feels like rather than a number or letter on a scouting sheet.

The possibility could exist that he doesn't want to do certain drills, thus we wouldn't be able to work him in that drill- raising questions.

pro day:

Same set up but you'd hope to do all the drills with him.

Private workouts:

Opportunity to throw to your own receivers instead of generic wr/te at combine/pro day.

Anybody believe this isn't feasible or even a good idea????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How feasible do you guys think taking reps with rookies pre-draft is?

It'd be cool if they put in the right drills and if they get the gameplay down. I'm still a bit tentative in committing to ideas like these with the gameplay that was in Madden 2009... I don't know. Cool idea though
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

yep...I like it. Depth, depth, and more depth. I hope the devs are checking out these threads and jotting down notes for future games. I'm confident that Madden 10 will be a great great game, but we can always build on a solid foundation.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

It is very feasible in my opinion. One of the NBA games has that feature and it also helped on figuring out his potential and other attributes. It would be kind of nice to be able to do that with free agents. Like if they made Free agency a month long thing and that would give you time to invite free agents to work out for you. If they are interested then they come and you can work them out and see how they would do. Then you can offer them a contract if you want.

Would certainly add a lot more depth to franchise mode.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 19

I would want different drills. There is no point for you to run the 40 with a QB or any player because that will just show you how good you are at running the 40.

Maybe for each position there could be one drill you run. For QB you would just dropback and throw the football. They could make it where you have to make short, medium, and deep passes. This would show you a QB short, medium, and deep ball accuracy.

These drills you perform must be limited to lets say 5-10 players. It could be that players pro day and by doing the drills you unlock majority of their ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

NBA 2k has this, personally i find it kinda inconvenient and annoying, id rather use my scouts, and draft.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

At some point they are going ot have to decide what makes it into the game and what doesn't. They can't add everything we want. I wouldn't be against it though.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it's a very cool idea.

It would be a neat option to have at the very least. Of course I have no idea of how feasible it is, but if enough people really wanted something like this....who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »