Home

Some ratings are pointless!!

This is a discussion on Some ratings are pointless!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Some ratings are pointless!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I agree. This is the fun part of scouting and "coaching" video football. All the things you can do to "break the mold." Something I didn't liek was how in past Madden's almost every OLB you place at DE just becomes super duper. Manny Lawson is 6'6" and 235lbs and an 85OLB, but a 99DE. He played lights out at DE in college and I am sure if in a 4-3 in SF he would be nuts. However, that kind of size speed and talent at that point NEEDS to be at OLB. there is so much more you can do with a body like that teaching him pass coverage and man/zone responcibilites instead of just pointing him at the QB and saying "go gettem boy!" [then again, that is a lot of fun too, and I do send him on a lot of OLB blitzes...]

The trick here is I would rather havea beast 85OLB than a 99DE becasue of versatility. just like I would rather have Staley at TE [if I improve the core O-Line] than a 91 guard becasue of all the other things you can fdo with a player like that. however, if my line is weak like the 49ers' is he needs to be where he impacts the most. Keep in mind, in 08 the 49ers had Larry Allen and Jennings was the LT [not RT like now.] My entire Left side was packed that year. TE, LT, LG. guess where Gore ran? Guess where all my playactions were direct to?
A 99ovr DE in madden is JUST as effective as a 75ovr DE due to the ratings really only factoring in Speed. If they want to make ratings count, then the need a complete overhaul. (which they say they are doing)

They are adjusting the player ratings for position changes, so you will NO LONGER see those types of stupid increases in ratings. Lawson MAY BE quite effective as a DE in the NFL on passing downs, but in no way is he a 99ovr. The ONLY reason he gets such a high overall is due to his speed and acceleration. If he was to move to a full time DE he would be a 75-80ovr AT BEST.

SPEED counts for WAy too much in MADDEN. Hope the ratings changes make a HUGE difference like i think they will.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
That would be a terrible trick play if it is designed to put Eli in a position to catch the ball in traffic
Maybe so, but you never know lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Maybe so, but you never know lol.
true lol is stick-em not allowed anymore???

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
true lol is stick-em not allowed anymore???
Lol Lester Hayes ftw.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This is just an idea I just thought of. But what if we were looking at players and could just hit a button and then go through a list and see his ratings at QB( Pass Accuracy, Strength, Awareness, etc.) or RB ( Speed, Elusiveness, Agility, etc.)

So if I want to move Randle El to QB, I could simply go check out his QB ratings.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

i like the "tab" idea stux said. doing something like that or highlighting relevant fields would be a good idea, especially for newer players who might be unfamiliar to all these crazy ratings (even if most are self explanatory.)

the only thing i dislike about having so many ratings is how long it takes to create a player. Madden 09 wasnt as bad tho since u could run those drills (and tune important ratings later).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »