Home

Online League Improvements?

This is a discussion on Online League Improvements? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Madden 09's Online League?
It Needs Change 13 92.86%
Its Fine How It Is Already 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Online League Improvements?

Will there be improvements? what would you like see changed in this years game in the league department seeing as MANY thought the leagues weren't so great comparing it to other games such as NBA 2K9.......guys i haven't played in NBA 2K9's leagues which supposedly had a great setup but what do you feel needs to change with Madden 10's online league?

If you think there should be change please post what you would like to see added to online leagues

Here is what i think from my Madden 09 league experience:
  • Awards for MVP players of the league at the end of the league regular season
  • A Schedule for the league Week Setup as an option such as the NFL's (Week 1,Week 2....etc)
  • Being able to SET a schedule for who plays who
those were just a few of my thoughts

Last edited by Blazin4QB; 04-08-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Online League Improvements?

I'd love to see a working system like what the 2K franchise has implemented, with trades, full stat tracking and proper a proper scheduling system. There are groups out there that have been involved in online leagues since the Dreamcast and its online functionality, inputting stats via their own database structures or joining pay sites such as League Daddy.

The concern I have is that it works. 2K pioneered online leagues but they do not work to full capacity. Stats don't always line up, trading is often broken and scheduling causes issues. While 2K has implemented, I have to say it's been a rather average at best system, and it has remained that way for several years now.

With all that Madden 10 seems to be tweaking, I almost would say the team may not have time to focus on such a large task, but if they implemented the NCAA Online Franchise system, I'd be a very happy sports gamer.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'd love to see a working system like what the 2K franchise has implemented, with trades, full stat tracking and proper a proper scheduling system. There are groups out there that have been involved in online leagues since the Dreamcast and its online functionality, inputting stats via their own database structures or joining pay sites such as League Daddy.

The concern I have is that it works. 2K pioneered online leagues but they do not work to full capacity. Stats don't always line up, trading is often broken and scheduling causes issues. While 2K has implemented, I have to say it's been a rather average at best system, and it has remained that way for several years now.

With all that Madden 10 seems to be tweaking, I almost would say the team may not have time to focus on such a large task, but if they implemented the NCAA Online Franchise system, I'd be a very happy sports gamer.
Understandable but seeing as you say it would be a "Large Task" i did not believe it would but i don't know because i am not a game designer/developer who actually does these things. We can still forward suggestions to Ian and the gang so we can get minor changes this year and ultimately a more major change for next year........thanks for the input i appreciate it........any suggestions though you might like see?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #4

OVR: 34

I would say to follow the way of NCAA 09. That game has some strong legs because of the Online Dynasty. You would have a full dynasty of NFL seasons, with player progression, stats and records. It'd be a blast. The thing that's so great about it is that you don't have to create a schedule. You simply fill the user teams and let the CPU fill the others. Now you can play a full NFL season with all the teams and make adjustments along the way with trades and signings.

That would make Madden 10 the best Madden ever IMO. Imagine the fun you could have with a working version of NCAA 09's online dynasty in Madden 10.

I'd buy Ian and Phil a cheeseburger (each).
Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Online franchise or bust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
+1
i really think they should just sh*tcan the online leagues and just have online franchises.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench

+1
Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

The on-line leagues that we were presented with last season were an insult to our intelligence. I can't believe developer time was wasted on that implementation. I sincerely hope that some of that code was not a complete waste.

With that said, obviously we all want the holy grail that is On-Line Franchise.

However, lets explore on-line leagues and see if they can make some simple tweeks to them to keep us happy until a full fledged on-line franchise is implemented, provided that they are not already going to do that for Madden 10.

How to improve the current On-line League Implementation:
  1. On-line LIVE fantasy draft
    • Drafting by queing up players is ridiuclous. The option is fine as a backup, but giving us the ability to draft LIVE is crucial, even for a vanilla on-line league setup
  2. Provide the ability to export your drafted team off-line
    • This is huge. We want to be able to practice with our drafted teams off-line without having to manually put them together off-line.
    • Provide the ability to scrimmage between league members:
      1. Go to your league lobby
      2. Click on League member you want to scrimmage with
      3. If that person is on your reg season schedule then pop up two options: League Game or Scrimmage
  3. Allow trades of at least up to 3 players at a time or just no limit.
    • This could even be controlled by the comish.
  4. Allow the comish to create an NFL like schedule with a playoff system.
  5. Provide player level stat tracking (we'll survive without this, but it would be nice)
  6. Make sure we have a way to get stats at the end of a league game
  7. Make EVERYTHING optional. Remember, CUSTOMIZATION!
    • Scheduling should be 100% customizable
    • Ability to swap owners, replace owners, kick owners out should be there
    • All sliders and options should be 100% available
    • The time allotted for people to play a game should be 100% customizable. I see some leagues force you to do like 5 days at the most or something, just let us decide.
    • Allow the comish to make certain weeks unplayable so we can create game blocks. Usually you play week 1-3, once thats done you open up weeks 4-7, etc..etc..
I guess that's the bare minimum that could make us somewhat happy... but as I said before, we really wan't franchise, and I think a lot of us might roll with NCAA Dynasty this year if Madden 10 can't deliver something comparable.

Last edited by CapnKill; 04-08-2009 at 01:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »