Home

Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8

This is a discussion on Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8

I've been on these forums for awhile and I didn't realize that the 2k games were better than Madden.

/end sarcasm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

I still play APF 2k8 just to pass the ball. Or just to watch it from a broadcast angle now that there is no football to watch.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is off subject but does anyone know if you can hit and hurt your own player? like if the corner and wide reciever are going for the ball and the safety comes accrossed and knocks the corner and reciever out, with all 3 getting up very slow, and maybe the corner with a concussion. that would be intense.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

I play APF leagues still.

I'm playing tonight! If anyone wants to get whooped: GT: CreatineKasey

I'm on 360

Obviously I think APF is the best, its my favorite game of all time!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #29
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

2K5 had better presentation overall, but as far as the in game presentation I'd like them to study APF.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #30
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Nonono you got it all wrong its

inb4l
Simply put it the way I had it "IN BEFORE THE LOCK!"

inb4l is probably better though, ha!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I think that **** ** ** *** NFL2k8 **** Madden **** better ************* Ian *** * **** *** ** ** NFL2k5 **** *** worse ** *** *************** almost cool **** *** gameplay ** VW Rabbit * ** * * * **** ** ** ** ** sim ** arcade **** fanboy ******* * ***
* ***** *** ** karate ****!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 21

There are some people who have played AP2K8 and there are some who have PLAYED AP2k8.

When you understand how to play a game and know what you have to do to make your squad run the way you want and the game ALLOWS you to do that without exploiting it. Its a thing of beauty.

When a Game does all the above AND makes it all look real and each time you play it each game has its own unique feel you got something thats gonna make people talk about it.

I just hope that in the very least, this years Madden can:

1. Make star players stand out from among their peers in a way that really brings a impact on how you playcall and how your opponent has to play call.

AP2K8 MASTERED this ! PLUS made it look GOOD !

2. How a team plays O and D in real life is how they should be attacking and defending me in the game. Each team should have a distinct flavor to them. You should have to adjust how you play to who you are playing. If you can run your same offense against each team, that drains the life out of a game quick. Makes it boring. Why have a franchise mode when you can basicly run the same stuff over and over again no mater what personel you have ?

If you have played season mode in AP2K8, you will notice how EACH team attacks/defends you differently and they will keep doing it till you make the AI have to adjust.

The BEASTS for example on defense play ALOT of man 2 man coverage and they will stay in it till you demonstrate you can pick it apart. Another team you play you will notice plays mostly cover 2 until you show you can defeat it...next game another team plays alot of Dime 3-2 coverage on passing downs, etc etc

People get mad that AP2K8/2K5 is brought up alot in these forums and I can understand to a point, but yall also have to understand when you have been to the mountain top of gameplay you dont want to go back down in the valley of same ole same ole.

Bring your game up the mountain and your fan base with it. Improve the game, improve the manuals.

So far things look to be heading that way, however we gotta keep the nat in IANs ear.

They aint made a game better than AP2K8 in their History yet, they just talking about doing it.

Once they have produced the product, IAN can come on this board and piss all over the 2K threads if he wants, but until then.....2K memory lane for all, LOL
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »