Home

Tapping a button to sprint?

This is a discussion on Tapping a button to sprint? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Tapping a button to sprint?

I like the tapping, myself... That being said, I like the running system from the GTA series, and I think it would work great for mixing up speeds (the most important and under rated part of a good running back's arsenal)

I'd like to see it done like tapping isn't AS fast, yet allows you to go for a longer period of time, while retaining more control in between taps, allowing to sharper cuts and what not... I'd like to see holding result in running with more power and faster, but resulting in a loss of stamina...

This is kind of how it works in real life anyhow, if you think about it... You've got shifty backs that change directions in a dime due to agility and speed changes... Then you've got guy's that are pure bruisers out there. If you're going to juke around a guy, tapping makes sence, if you're going to plow through a guy, you're running at him full speed, head down, but you can't doo it over and over again, at least not with the same guy...

I've just always felt that Madden should just do away with the turbo all together, since the majority of people simply run around withe the trigger pressed anyhow, with little to no down side to soing so what so ever...
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

in a word, no
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
And a running backs legs are sore after a 30+ carry game.
Yes, but if you wanted to be sore and tired playing the game go put on some football pads and do calisthenics while playing the game. I personally am not looking to be sore from playing madden.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Here's a link to a similar thread back in December and I think it was discussed prior to that as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-2010-a.html

No thank you on the thumb jockey tapping the A button.

I do like Bezo's #7 post in the thread above. Make the analog stick the sprint function.

Last edited by roadman; 04-08-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #21
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm all for tapping. Because when you tap, you tend to think more like a running back.

Why do you think NFL 2k5/APF 2k8 running videos look far more realistic than Madden videos? It's because users are more apt to frantically search for realistic holes/gaps when there's a small delay in acceleration due to the tapping mechanism. The way Madden does it now makes it much more advantageous to just pre-select a hole and go full-steam ahead. That's why you rarely see any slick moves to evade DB's. It's simply unnecessary (and hard to pull off due to suction blocking).

This video illustrates my point perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzywB...e=channel_page

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 04-08-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

No. Tapping for sprinting is the worst thing ever.

The only thing about sprinting that should be changed is:

You should be able to finely control how hard your player is running by how far you are pulling on the trigger. This would make running so much more realisic, instead of madden 09 where you basically have only 3 speeds 1) Shuffle feet in place 2) Jog 3) All out sprint

With trigger sensitivity controlling speed, you can blend your speed and have greater control of the runner or defender, making the game much more "sim'
Old 04-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

Lets throw our dualshocks to simulate the throwing motion of the QB, since we're tapping to simulate running faster..
Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #24
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not a fan of tapping to sprint.

I much prefer using the trigger.

Yet another thing that would be nice to have as an option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »