Home

NCAA QB Imported to Madden

This is a discussion on NCAA QB Imported to Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA QB Imported to Madden

I agree NCAA should have these ratings, but they don't and will likely get them next year. Ian kind of dropped these on the NCAA crew without warning. Ian has admitted his goal for Madden 10 is at least 3 fold:

1.) Create the best SIM football game made to date.

2.) Blow ESPN 2k5 out of the watter so that no one will ever compare the two games ever again, unless it is to say how much better Madden is now.

3.) Blow NcAA out of the water becasue there is an in-house rivalry that he would love to "win."

The question remains, WILL he achive all three of these goals? We can only truely know the answer come Aug. 14th.

Going forward, becasue NCAA doesn't have these ratings and will not have them this year, the Madden crew will have to come up with code [that hopefully they can remove latter] to generate ratings that don't otherwise exist when you improt a draft class. I think that so far they have a good idea, I just disagree with the play action rating not having agility in it.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA QB Imported to Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
A quarterback's ability to throw well on the run depends on two things, really... his understanding of the physical dynamics of throwing on the run, and how good his technique is.

I, for one, am cool with it being based on throwing power. Throwing on the run gives the player a penalty to accuracy... thus, it shouldn't be based on accuracy or you'll end up with every QB in the league at some point having the same differential between throw on the run and accuracy. Personally, I thought it should have been a bit randomized.
But getting a pass off... And getting a pass off well are two completly different things... And footwork comes down to agility. The factor you mentioned is awareness of personal/ball momentum. But not including something like carrying in there, and simply relying on throw power and speed is misleading... As you said, Marino wasn't fast at all... In fact, speed should have NOTHING to do with the calculation at all IMO, the only speed rating that should matter is that of the D chassing after him... And as for accuracy, I hope there is a serious drop off...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »