Home

Position Swapping

This is a discussion on Position Swapping within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Position Swapping

This is why I don't play online.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Let me do what I want offline in franchise and play now.. Don't limit me offline becoz some ****** puts Champ Bailey at tight end online.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Let me do what I want offline in franchise and play now.. Don't limit me offline becoz some ****** puts Champ Bailey at tight end online.
Exactly. Ignoring the fact that if the AI / gameplay is improved enough putting Bailey at TE simply wont work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

i have one friend who puts cromartie at wr every game. i understand mixing things up. vrabel at te randel el at qb for a few snaps etc but when its constantly done it annoys me.

this is madden not nfl street
Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1215
i have one friend who puts cromartie at wr every game. i understand mixing things up. vrabel at te randel el at qb for a few snaps etc but when its constantly done it annoys me.

It shouldn't work all the time, so people wouldn't do it. Hopefully this will be improved in Madden '10.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
+1

Certain schemes call for players to be moved around. I should be able to do this in my franchise mode.

Online cheese is a whole 'nother thing. Give me the ability to put 4-3 DE at LB in a 3-4 without having to manually change his natural position and taking a huge ratings hit as well.

If I draft Pat White and want to put him at WR, I should be able to do so, like the Seahawks did with Seneca Wallace for a while.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

I agree we should be allowed to put players in different positions OR change their position based on their skill set. They should have different ratings AND progression based on how I use them in the game.

In other words, that DE I am using as a Linebacker shouldn't improve as much as a DE if I am using him as LB regularly. It is sort of like in a mmoprg if I have a character that is using a sword his sword skill should improve NOT his dagger or vice versa.

They ratings need to adjust to what position I am using them in and the progression accordingly.

They shouldn't just let some online cheesers ruin/alter the offline experience. If the two (online/offline) are so much different then they need either separate programming for each or just make each a separate game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1215

Another thing that should help fix this problem is fatigue. Ian has discussed in a fatigue thread on here that they are working to make fatigue have more effects. Therefore if you try to play cromartie at WR every play and DB every he will be pretty much dead tired by the second quarter than will be playing worse and worse. Also with the reworking of the WR position his lower route running should keep him from getting seperation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »