Home

The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

This is a discussion on The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
If Madden 10's gameplay is not as good as NFL 2k5's the series is dead to me.
Every time I see a post like this it makes me wonder if people mean the animation of 2K games because the gameplay was and always has been horrible and slow.

Anyone that has played APF 2K8 knows that defense is unplayable in that game.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

Not only does the OL need help but so do FULLBACKS. They are almost the worst offenders at times. It makes no sense if you have a highly qualified fullback who doesn't lay out any linebacksers on ISO plays. Instead what we get are consistent chip blocks that don't do anything. The funniest part is watching your fullback try to make the block, miss, and then continue running upfield. What the hell man.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 55

This boils down to player interactions for me. Player interactions across all levels need to be improved and this area is a big part of it.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 35

ol/dl mean alot, but if Madden doesnt change the passing mechanics and physics it wont mean anything.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Every time I see a post like this it makes me wonder if people mean the animation of 2K games because the gameplay was and always has been horrible and slow.

Anyone that has played APF 2K8 knows that defense is unplayable in that game.
O RLY?!

I put up 3 consecutive shutouts in a row. 16 scoreless quarters against the best the 2k football community has to offer. The complaints against defense are complete bull. You just have to use real football strategies and play your position correctly to gain the best success. You can't play FS, be 5 yards off the L.O.S and expect to cover the post route on the other side of the field like people do in Madden.

Many people just couldn't figure out how to stop things and quit because the gameplay style wasn't for them. Sure, thats fine.. but you should admit that, not blame the defense.

As far as the complaints about "slow" gameplay you might be out of luck. Ian has mentioned slowing down the gameplay in Madden to mimic real life closer... just like 2k had in the past. UH OHH!! That might not be "arcadey" enough for ya.

I'm sure pocket forming will be in, and I'm actually pretty optimistic regarding player interaction because Ian was talking about the trenches way back last year already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL Int in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
steelerspartan, you hit the nail on the head. i hope the ol/dl interaction will fix multiple things. i hope it takes away nano blitzes. IMO if you think your good at madden just because u have nano blitzes and get to the qb in like 1 sec, i would love to see your D in a sim game. so please take out the nano blitzes and bring some of these guys back down to earth so they realize that nano blitzes doesnt equal knowledge for real football.

i hope it takes away the run and chuck offense. for example, i shouldnt be afraid to run an offense under center. and if i do, i have to scramble back as fast as possible because i get nano blitzed.

i also hope the ol/dl interaction helps with the run game as far as being realistic.

bottom line, i hope a lot of stuff that we are waiting for to be announced will actually come true for Madden 10 instead of putting it on the wishlist for Madden 11. I expect a whole blog devoted to explaining why/how EA Sports takes out the rocket catch for Madden 10. I wont believe its out of the game/wont be satisfied, unless they specifically say the words "rocket catching wont be effective" or "rocket catching = dead for madden 10". They seem to never mention the words rocket catch. I just want to see it addressed and feel that its just important as the ol/dl interaction. IMO, if you think the ol/dl interaction in Madden 09 isnt realistic, then you HAVE to agree that rocket catching down the field isnt realistic at all.
Well said my friend...

As it is now and for the past 4 yrs, the ONLY thing realistic about Madden is the teams and players. The rest = ARCADE NFL street with 11 players per side.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 04-09-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

If the OL/DL isn't fixed, it's very nearly a gamebreaker. (Only could be saved by an epic franchise mode)
Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
O RLY?!

I put up 3 consecutive shutouts in a row. 16 scoreless quarters against the best the 2k football community has to offer. The complaints against defense are complete bull. You just have to use real football strategies and play your position correctly to gain the best success. You can't play FS, be 5 yards off the L.O.S and expect to cover the post route on the other side of the field like people do in Madden.

Many people just couldn't figure out how to stop things and quit because the gameplay style wasn't for them. Sure, thats fine.. but you should admit that, not blame the defense.

As far as the complaints about "slow" gameplay you might be out of luck. Ian has mentioned slowing down the gameplay in Madden to mimic real life closer... just like 2k had in the past. UH OHH!! That might not be "arcadey" enough for ya.

I'm sure pocket forming will be in, and I'm actually pretty optimistic regarding player interaction because Ian was talking about the trenches way back last year already.
QFT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »