Home

A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

This is a discussion on A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

Quote:
When I was a kid, we were glad to have a green colored field...
When I was a kid, we had to walk to school up hill, both ways, in the snow, durring the summer, with no shoes, and we were glad to do it.

What's with this silly video-smideo nonsence anyways? all we had were rocks and sticks to play with, and we had to make them.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I have been playing Video Football since Troy Aikeman Football on my SNES and there have been great strides in graphics, but back in Madden 02, or 03 range we had "team gloves" and various colored cleates. It isn't like EA is wating for the next xbox to gethe crazy tech to make sock and cleat skins.

We have seen screen shots that have people gril friends thought were real, not a video game. Graphics are great right now, but to not have he most simple things like cleats and what not is embarasing.

I can fly around NY City with out a single loaing screen in GTA IV, or snipe people across a map in high definition in COD4, and Kill zombies in Affrica in RE5, but we don't even have depth in uniforms in madden? what ever man.

I understand your point, but we are hardly asking for too much.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
The last 2, Madden 2000, Madden 2010.
Fixed. I think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I have been playing Video Football since Troy Aikeman Football on my SNES and there have been great strides in graphics, but back in Madden 02, or 03 range we had "team gloves" and various colored cleates. It isn't like EA is wating for the next xbox to gethe crazy tech to make sock and cleat skins.

We have seen screen shots that have people gril friends thought were real, not a video game. Graphics are great right now, but to not have he most simple things like cleats and what not is embarasing.

I can fly around NY City with out a single loaing screen in GTA IV, or snipe people across a map in high definition in COD4, and Kill zombies in Affrica in RE5, but we don't even have depth in uniforms in madden? what ever man.

I understand your point, but we are hardly asking for too much.
I think the relentless pursuit of graphics has seen the game-play suffer. I understand the marketing issue of having the best gee-whiz graphics available, but the game does not play much different than Madden '99 on PS1. That's the wrong answer.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
There has been alot of griping on this board about sock stripes and Superbowl patches, and (for goodness sakes) hand towels. Someone actually had the nerve to complain that the hand towels that we now have in the game are no good because they can't be moved to any part of the waistband.

When I was a kid, we were glad to have a green colored field...

NFL Football, Atari 2600 1979

Techmo Bowl, NES 1989

Madden NFL 2000, Playstation 1999

Madden NFL '10, Xbox 360 2009

Put into that perspective, a few poorly placed stripes on a jersey aren't so bad, now are they?

As far as I am concerned, the graphics are AS GOOD AS THEY EVER NEED TO GET. Dynamic game-play and interactive AI should be the primary goals in years to come. A game that looks real and plays like Techmo Bowl is unacceptable.
I'm right there with you man. I guess thats why I dont say much about this, that, and the other. I remember playing that 2600 game, lol. Madden looks awesome in my book, and even with the gameplay kinks, I STILL think the gameplay aint half bad either.

Now all the small details that people ask about, oh yeah, most definitely would love to see that,(I even had a few suggestions myself) but it aint a gamebreaker by a longshot.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

great post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Excellent post!! I forgot NFL Football on ATARI 2600 had chain gangs!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I totally agree with this post but I am 1 person that would like to see the details such as sock length and shoe colors have some options to match the real life counterparts. I'm not asking for advanced graphics like 3d grass and jerseys tearing and ripping and becoming untucked, but just that the player models be accurate and accessories be accurate. It would just help the game look that more authentic.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »