Home

A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

This is a discussion on A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #49
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A little perspective on graphics for you sock stripe people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Great post. Ive said the same thing since last season: Madden's graphics are incredible. I think picking on sock stripes and movable hand towels at this point is being too picky. We all want the best "SIM" possible, but really the graphics are not the issue. Id be happy with 09's graphics if they put time into what is really important: fixing gameplay issues and blowing out a real NFL style TV presentation.
This is my sentiment exactly. I thought the game looked great last year, and from the screens this year it is truly amazing. Now I'd like to see the kind of basic gameplay and strategic tactics from the CPU that we have been waiting so many years for.

Great response JPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Madden 2000 was awesome! :P
It was. I played it like a fiend the whole year. Created real rookie players and did the draft live (I used to take draft day off every year).

I did this every year until 2005 when 2 things happened. First I joined the Army, and that changed my priorities. Second, Madden 06 and that God-Awful cone came out and I lost respect for the game.

I thought '09 would be the 2000 or 2005 type game I'd been waiting for. I BOUGHT the $90 special addition to get that play editor which turned out to be atrocious.

That's why I'm harping now. That $90 still stings now...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #50
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
While I get the OP's point, I could not disagree more. Ian and his team's goal is to make Madden the best sports title out there. Almost every next gen sports game out there is focusing on player styles and authentication.If games like nba 2k and mlb the show can pay attention to all the little details why can't madden.

2k pays attention to many details when making player models. You can see they have Iverson's signature half sleeve (which matches his uniform), arm band on the OTHER arm, head band, facial hair, EVEN his tattoos. They go as far as having his signature shot but that is not shown from this pic.

All Im trying to say is that graphics def arent the MOST important part to videogames and I agree that gameplay is what makes or breaks a game. However if madden truly wants to be mentioned in the same class as mlb and nba 2k, presentation wise, then they must pay attention to the "little things"

While that is true, that NBA2k pays more attention to details, I would like to state that 2k does not have a football game out right now, so it's pointless to say that. Another thing is that every sport that 2k does, with great detail, has way less players to do so. A NBA roster has what? 11-12 spots on it? Where as the NFL has 53 after training camp. Just my .02.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #51
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Screw it! Just dump all the accessories and give each team a white uniform and the other a black uniform. We don't need to utilize this technology we are blessed with these days.

Jeez. I agree that the complaint about the towel not being able to be adjusted is being a little ridiculous. But c'mon. I am so tired of people telling me that accessories like hand warmers, and half sleeves, and lower sock lengths etc, etc, don't matter. Do you need to be referred to Apollo's thread?

Its purely cosmetic, but it looks 100 times better.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Screw it! Just dump all the accessories and give each team a white uniform and the other a black uniform.
Its purely cosmetic, but it looks 100 times better.
Screw it! Add all the Hand Warmers and just dump the actual football game.

I think it's all really where peoples priorities are. A game that looks right or a game that plays right. My priority is to make the game play right and then work on making it look right.

EDIT: And Go Packers!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Remember in Madden 95 they introduced the new 2 franchise teams panthers and some other team.
The Jaguars? They came into the NFL together.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #54
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
The Jaguars? They came into the NFL together.
Damn, he just totally dissed the sh!t out of the Jags man!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
While that is true, that NBA2k pays more attention to details, I would like to state that 2k does not have a football game out right now, so it's pointless to say that. Another thing is that every sport that 2k does, with great detail, has way less players to do so. A NBA roster has what? 11-12 spots on it? Where as the NFL has 53 after training camp. Just my .02.
While i agree that there are more players on the field in football.. It doesnt mean that it is impossible. Im not saying anything about 2k having a football game.. Im talking about game developers paying attention to detail. Sure its easier for baseball and basketball titles because they have less players, but they dont just add detail to the players. NBA has players and coaches doing their own animations on the sideline. Both nba and mlb have 3d crowds. Im pretty sure madden will not have either.

I dont get why people think its okay if madden half asses their player detail. Sure they couldnt move hand towels to the front of the player because of clipping issues that is understandable. But its not okay in this gen of sports gaming to leave things out. They said this year they want to focus on the players on the field.. well do it and live up to the "everything you see on sunday will be in the game"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 32

I agree with the fact that times change and more effort should be put into these games. I just think EA hasn't been putting forth all the effort they could be when making these Madden games. Just look at the PS3 exclusive titles; Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, those developers are getting everything out of the system. Why can't EA?

I do believe that Ian and company are actually putting forth effort this year and it will show. We can't dwell on the past, we just have to hope for the best right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »