Home

They Really Need to Fix Superstar

This is a discussion on They Really Need to Fix Superstar within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #25
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: They Really Need to Fix Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If by fix you mean remove... I am with you.
QFT! This mode is a waste of disc space and in my opinion should removed. I think we need to key in on the CORE components of Madden (Gameplay, Presentation, Customization, Franchise, Online Play) and that is exactly what's happening. I won't be surprised if Superstar Mode makes a disappearing act for M10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Not really cause you have to pay an extra 20 dollars if you want superstar, which makes it 80 dollars for the whole thing. Also, it would take the developers longer to create a whole game rather than a game mode.
Well paying $20 for SS is better then paying 50+50 for HC and Madden = A complete game... Hell, even make SS DLC and save everyone the hassel of wasting plastic coasters... I'm kidding, but again, this kind of thing would be better suited in a HC type of game, since it was all about selling the "drama" of the league, not only that but a lot of the engine had things that would make SS mode even better, see. Trading, Contracts, FA systems, along with proper coaching set up that would help develop players in a realistic and relevent manner... It's just that Madden should have always been about the core gameplay and less about added features which did little to add to the game i.e. Card Books, Super Star, etc... Giving people a sold franchise mode (even only off-line), along with solid gameplay for things that communities can actively get involved in would go a LONG way at not only getting people involved in the game, but building a community that rewards character, fair play, and general sence of belonging... Superstar mode always struck me as a game where people could shut themselves in, exploit the computer to make their players better, which in turn leads to people learning online exploiting and a general lack of interest in anything community or socially based... The same goes for HC, which is why I make the connection between the two of them...

It also lends itself to people developping a "proper" understanding of how the trade systems work and what not, since you have to commit to more then one game against someone you'll never play against again... If you're a Richard, people won't trade with you, people won't help you out and as such, they'll ban you from the league if you cheese...

That's why, until the game play and franchise modes are fixed, everything else is secondary in nature...

Last edited by Swingking77; 04-13-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
QFT! This mode is a waste of disc space and in my opinion should removed. I think we need to key in on the CORE components of Madden (Gameplay, Presentation, Customization, Franchise, Online Play) and that is exactly what's happening. I won't be surprised if Superstar Mode makes a disappearing act for M10.

That would be too bad...The most fun I had with an EA football game last year was in Campus Legend as the SR WR on Tennessee....I played the whole season and the bowl game in a weekend.

Great fun

Needs improvement tho'

I think having the ability to play as any pro in Superstar would greatly increase it's popularity
Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Please explain where I was being false... It's nice to say it, but... At any rate, I can guarentee that there are a tone of people out there that want it... It's the reason why NCAA outsold Madden last year... Make a PRO game with online Franchise and you've got a solid seller... If given a chance to play a real season, you'd be hooked... Trades and everything add to the game SOOOO much... The business of the NFL is so much more then what happens on Sunday, which is why NFL Network exists in the first place...

As for the rest of what I said, it's been said time and again that they start from the ground up... Again, so dropping it even before it comes out is not as big a change as people would have you believe... As an exmaple of the engine being different, just look at the player lock which occures in AS mode, that HAD to be programmed and has only this year, made the jump to the reg Madden game mode... That took time and effort and space to develop... As such, what I said about the game mode was not soo far off base...

NCAA didn't outsell Madden last year, or any other year.

Campus Legend was slightly better than Superstar mode last year tho'
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #29
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
Recipe to make superstar (and madden) better

1. Take it out of madden
2. Make it it's own game
3. Sell it for 20 bucks or so
4. Allow players to put their superstar into madden (franchise) if they want
5. Use the space that superstar took up in madden to add more HC Features.

Everybody wins.
YES

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »