Home

Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

This is a discussion on Keep adaptive AI out of On-line! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
If I were a cheeser I wouldn't want any part of it either...

Adaptive AI will make the game appear more like REAL football. YOU, if you aren't a liar, seem to be all about winning the video game than playing a football sim.

You probably came to Madden because you loved video games first. All of us came to Madden because we love FOOTBALL first. Adaptive AI will make the game more like real FOOTBALL.That alone should decided it.

So, either you are a cheeser or you are more interested in playing a video game than playing sim football.
Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great idea and long overdue for OFFLINE! If it can make the CPU play more like a human would then I'm all for it. I just don't see any reason for it to be on-line.

Like I said, give me an option to at least turn it off for MY DEFENSE and I'll be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
Agreed. No doubt about it, has to be there. I don't want the rest of my team being dumb azzes.
The rest of your team should play based on their ratings. If your Safety has 90 AWR and 95 Play Recognition than he shouldn't play like a dumb ***... but if he has 60 AWR and 70 play recognition then he should.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #43
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
If I were a cheeser I wouldn't want any part of it either...

Adaptive AI will make the game appear more like REAL football. YOU, if you aren't a liar, seem to be all about winning the video game than playing a football sim.

You probably came to Madden because you loved video games first. All of us came to Madden because we love FOOTBALL first. Adaptive AI will make the game more like real FOOTBALL.That alone should decided it.

So, either you are a cheeser or you are more interested in playing a video game than playing sim football.
"CapnCheeze"
Old 04-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Not when Fair Play was on.
Fair play was bs as well, just a different kind.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCheese
The rest of your team should play based on their ratings. If your Safety has 90 AWR and 95 Play Recognition than he shouldn't play like a dumb ***... but if he has 60 AWR and 70 play recognition then he should.
Even the dumbest of NFL players do not get burnt by the exact same route two or three times in a row... because they become MORE AWARE about what the guy in front of them is doing. Reflecting that REALITY in an AI improvement will make the game more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCheese
Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great idea and long overdue for OFFLINE! If it can make the CPU play more like a human would then I'm all for it. I just don't see any reason for it to be on-line.

Hmm.m.. let's think about that... which is more likely to run the same play over and over and over... the CPU or a Cheeser like yourself?

Obviously the latter. THAT is why this needs to be online, and THAT is why I am almost certain that you need crappy AI to cheese online...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
If you mix up your plays and throw different things at the defense, lower rated players shouldn't recognize the plays and should get burnt.
BUT, even low rated players should recognize a play that is ran over and over again.

If you line a rookie LB up next to Ray Lewis, hes not going to recognize every play that's happening.
But if the same play is ran 10 times they will both see it coming.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #47
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill

Like I said, give me an option to at least turn it off for MY DEFENSE and I'll be happy.
Thing is, I already know your game. You figure out who the other guy is controlling, then throw to the opposite side of the field to attack the CPU. But you don't think that's cheeze.

It is.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Thing is, I already know your game. You figure out who the other guy is controlling, then throw to the opposite side of the field to attack the CPU. But you don't think that's cheeze.

It is.
Yes... yes it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »