Home

A lot of chatter over this "NEW" Online Feature...

This is a discussion on A lot of chatter over this "NEW" Online Feature... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A lot of chatter over this "NEW" Online Feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I'd beg to differ here. While more people may buy/play Madden than NCAA, I'm pretty sure there are more fans of college football than the NFL. In many states, collegiate teams are all the state has as there obviously aren't enough NFL franchises to have one in every state. Also, more women may take at least a passing interest in the success of the team, as they have attended a college but may have no real affiliation with any NFL team.
He is right. There are 32 teams in the NFL, and it doesnt even use up 32 states. Some states host up to 2 teams. NY, Texans, Cali (3).

You Have DIV I and II colleges in every state, and many of them, so yes for sure more NCAA fan.

Yea there is without a doubt more NCAA fans than NFL, and all I can say is thx god it is here in the USA, cause I love them both. They both bring alot to the game in different ways, and I would never want to change that.

Football is a great sport, and the NFL and NCAA is where it is at.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
^ Wrong wrong wrong wrong. wrong wrong wrong wrong. College is getting bigger but it still doesn't come close to NFL games. Just look at media coverage to show that fact.
I'm going to disagree. There are only 32 NFL teams. There are HUNDREDS of colleges in the United States that sell out their stadiums every week. That's alot of folks at the ballpark that you are not accounting for.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the new online feature is online franchise, just because he said that it was, "expected by many" and will be "presented differently than most people think"

Note: Dont' know how accurate the last quote is.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 19

I guess I was a little too broad in my OP.

Keep in mind, in NCAA (the game) there is no longer any Div-II Schools.
And also, how many of these girls that are "fans" of colleges they go to are planning on buying NCAA Football?

You can't consider someone a fan just because they go to games or watch it on TV if they don't CARE about the game. That would be like my mom wearing my Giants jersey and calling herself a fan, though she NEVER watches football on her own.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

What about TV ratings..that should be proof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
What about TV ratings..that should be proof.
To a point. Again, keep in mind that there are many more NCAA football games on a given day than NFL games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I guess I was a little too broad in my OP.

Keep in mind, in NCAA (the game) there is no longer any Div-II Schools.
And also, how many of these girls that are "fans" of colleges they go to are planning on buying NCAA Football?

You can't consider someone a fan just because they go to games or watch it on TV if they don't CARE about the game. That would be like my mom wearing my Giants jersey and calling herself a fan, though she NEVER watches football on her own.
I am not saying that more people care about the NCAA videogame than Madden, I'm saying that more people care about the sport of college football than the NFL.

And the people you mention in your last paragraph would probably most accurately fall under the 'casual fan' label.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »