Home

Larry Fitzgerald Cover Athlete?

This is a discussion on Larry Fitzgerald Cover Athlete? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Larry Fitzgerald Cover Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If you consider the Trivia Question one of the Devs had on their Twitter it would make sense.

The Question -
'Who is the only athlete to appear on the cover of NCAA Football and Madden to this point?

Answer -
Shaun Alexander

Think real hard about the cover of NCAA 2005.
Way to pick up on this good find!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If you consider the Trivia Question one of the Devs had on their Twitter it would make sense.

The Question -
'Who is the only athlete to appear on the cover of NCAA Football and Madden to this point?

Answer -
Shaun Alexander

Think real hard about the cover of NCAA 2005.
Yea i saw this, it was raczilla who gives away prizes. Especially since he says "to this point" hopefully gives it away...hopefully...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Fitz is probably one of my favorite people that plays football and players of all time. Would love to see him honored, but not jinxed. Hoping it doesn't mean he has a down year or gets injured. Troy would also be cool for the Pgh connection as with Fitz, but again, the guy is one smack to the cranium from never stepping on a field again it seems sometimes.

If the jinx means that the Cards don't even make the post season I can live with that. I was pretty sure they were going to have a bad season this year anyway, last years wasn't too stellar until the playoffs anyway in a horrid division. And history says the Super Bowl loser is usually a team that doesn't even sniff post season action the following season. Wouldn't shock me if neither of the teams from the big game make the post season either I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Fitz is probably one of my favorite people that plays football and players of all time. Would love to see him honored, but not jinxed. Hoping it doesn't mean he has a down year or gets injured. Troy would also be cool for the Pgh connection as with Fitz, but again, the guy is one smack to the cranium from never stepping on a field again it seems sometimes.

If the jinx means that the Cards don't even make the post season I can live with that. I was pretty sure they were going to have a bad season this year anyway, last years wasn't too stellar until the playoffs anyway in a horrid division. And history says the Super Bowl loser is usually a team that doesn't even sniff post season action the following season. Wouldn't shock me if neither of the teams from the big game make the post season either I guess.
Amen. Both players are part of the reason I love the NFL. So much character, so much passion, so much fun, and they both are stand-up guys.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
+1
Been saying that for a while myself.

Go 49ers!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the cover athlete for Madden should always be the Superbowl MVP of that Year.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #15
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

They should figure in the Madden Jinx when they are rating Players. Fitz's Numbers should go down dramatically or get a season ending injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
They should figure in the Madden Jinx when they are rating Players. Fitz's Numbers should go down dramatically or get a season ending injury.
haha now that's realism!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »